Thursday 9 July 2020

Thursday, 09-07-20

Good morning.
It's zoom meeting and weigh in today so fingers crossed.

Yesterday's photos:
Well, my experiment with the silicon mini-pancake flipper-over thingy was - let's say interesting.  One total success and five that didn't flip so I had to flip them myself.  Bet you can tell which is the perfect one.
I will persist but I'm betting I'd do better just measuring them out in tablespoons when I want mini pancakes.
(Glad it was cheap!)
Slight change - *I had one orange and a couple of small 'flat' peaches instead.  Much of a muchness really.

Nice lunch with loads of speed and the chicken and asparagus quiche certainly keeps well frozen.


A very nice piece of steak and the potatoes (all the tiny little ones I dug up) were gorgeous.



I stayed absolutely on plan yesterday  (apart from the fruit swap) so the final calorie total was 1130 calories.




Today's plans:
B:  boiled eggs and toasty marmite dippers
I will have to have breakfast early as I'm off out later on.
two eggs = 156 cals
two slices bread = 140 cals
total = 296 cals
SW:  one heB

L:  home made minestrone soup; nectarine
It was so very miserable yesterday, I set to and made a nice big bowl of soup, basically using bits and bobs.  I used a carton of chopped tomatoes, chicken stock powder, onion, potato, broad beans and mixed veg (both finishing off bags in the freezer), orzo, sweet potato and tomato puree plus some spices and seasonings, some Lea and Perrins and some soy sauce.  It's made three good portions.
I weighed everything, totted up the calories and did the maths.
It's been standing overnight and the flavours have developed nicely.

one portion of soup = 135 cals
two thin slices ham = 42 cals
30g grated cheese on top = 126 cals
nectarine = 50
total = 353 cals
SW:  free


D: bacon cheese burger, salad and chips; yogurt
I just really, really fancy this so why not?

skinny burger = 122 cals
cheesy slice = 52 cals
bacon medallion = 52 cals
wholemeal roll = 158 calories
150g potato (for a few chips) = 113 cals
salad = 20 cals
45g mayo = 45 cals
yogurt = 80 cals
total = 642 cals
SW:  eight syns for the roll (as I've already had my heB), two and a half syns for the cheese (cheese slices don't count as healthy extras - shame) and one and a half syns for the mayo

S:  none

Body Magic:  some step exercises

Summary:
one heB
twelve syns
1291 calories



5 comments:

  1. Joy (good morning by the way), can I ask what you use to calculate calories?

    Pity about the pancake thingy, although they look fine to me. Sometimes gadgets turn out to be more trouble than they're worth! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I google. The wonderful Weight Loss Resources (I used to be a member, quite a while ago) had a free calorie data base, as has MyFitnessPal. I use the packaging and look up nutritional advice on supermarket sites.
      When I look up things I use a lot, I record the calorie values in my Little Book. :-)
      I can't guarantee it's 100% accurate all the time but I think I'm usually close enough.
      You used to be able to get something called 'Greatest Guide to Calories' that was updated each year. I wonder if it's still available. I must look it up and see.
      I will persist with the pancake gizmo - sometimes you just have to discover what works, like I did with the waffle maker.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love my waffle maker and want to experiment a little more with it. It makes gorgeous toasted cheese wraps. The cheese bits get all crispy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely - how does that work, please?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely shopping experience. It's odd how something so ordinary and normal can become special and unusual, isn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete