Saturday 11 July 2020

Saturday, 11-07-20

Good morning

What with all the calorie counting going alongside the SW strategy at the moment, yesterday I took the plunge and took out a subscription to Weight Loss Resources.

I used to be a member a long time ago, when it first started, so I already know my way around some of the tools, etc, and it has many resources that I will use - already am using, in fact.  I trust their numbers and now it is much easier to work out calories.  I've already discovered that my oat bran pancakes are not 150 calories, they are 160-something calories.  Not a lot in the whole scheme of things and it includes the peripherals that I hadn't counted, such as the baking powder, flavouring, etc, but that's just an example.

I'm glad I've done this although how long I remain subscribed is in the air right now.  I call it an investment in my future health and well being.


Yesterday's photos:
There's no photo of breakfast because in between the hair appointment and another commitment, I only had time to grab a quick pot of yogurt.  No fruit.

At lunch time, instead of a normal sized wholemeal roll, I remembered that I had some mini (snack) rolls so had one of them instead.  It was plenty.


In the afternoon, I had one babybel light for 42 calories (and a third of a heA

Dinner was lovely and went down a treat.  It was so filling that I skipped the yogurt I'd planned for dessert.


So - complicated calorie calculations . . .

105 calories back for the fruit
75 calories back for the difference between the planned roll and the one I actually had
80 calories back for the yogurt

However, I had forgotten to count 10 mls toasted sesame oil for the stir fry so 80 calories out for that and 42 for the babybel.

Now - where's my calculator?  Tap, tap, tap . . .
Calorie total: 1073 cals.  Too low!  Oh, well, never mind, once in a while won't hurt.


Today's plans:
B:  lemon blueberry pancakes with natural yogurt, strawberries and raspberries
 - because it's Saturday and I love this breakfast!  I'll probably make myself some proper coffee to go with it and, sun permitting, have it in the garden.

pancake recipe = 164 cals
50g each of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries = 75 cals
100g Greek yogurt = 60 cals
total = 299 cals
SW:  half a heB

L:  ham salad; apple
Just a simple ham salad.  Nice

half a pack of thin sliced ham = 62 cals
salad stuff = 50 cals (an estimate)
10 mls raspberry vinaigrette - 26 cals
30g red onion chutney = 62 cals
apple = 50 cals
total = 188 cals
SW:  one syn for the dressing

D:  salmon, new potatoes, broad beans; fruit sundae
I'll do all this in my on-the-hob steamer.  The potatoes can go in the water, the broad beans to one side of the steamer section and the salmon, wrapped in foil, the other side. Easy peasy.
The sundae will be natural Greek yogurt, layered with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and drizzled with choc shot.  Nice

salmon fillet  = 189 cals
200g new potatoes = 150 cals
100g broad beans = 97 cals (a guesstimate as they're still unpodded)
100g Greek yogurt = 60 cals
fruit = 75 cals
one tbsp choc shot = 39 cals
total = 610 cals
SW:  two syns for the choc shot

S:  none

Body Magic:  a good walk, probably.

Summary:
half a heB
three syns
1159 cals

Low on healthy extras yet I would say this is a healthy day's eating.  Plenty of fruit and veg so it's not going to be short on fibre.  I know it will be filling and satisfying.
No worries!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Laurie. xx
    I'm very fond of my steamer. It was extremely cheap in Matalan ages and ages ago. I've used it so much and it's still in great condition, quite happy to go through the dishwasher and not an enormous size. Definitely a treasure.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner looks delicious, Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete