Friday 31 July 2020

Friday, 31-07-30; DTU week 2, day 5

Good morning.
Well, yesterday's plans also went head over heels somewhat, not long after I had posted yesterday's effort.

I had expected Beth round for lunch and was going to have pizza while I made a pitta pizza for her.  However, she pulled out because of something that HAD to be done and I got a message from a friend - would I come over, please?

The main problem with my restricted eating window is that it isn't all that 'sociable' so I jiggled meals again.  Instead of a lunch, I had a couple of 'snacks' and a few satsumas.  As I found on Wednesday, if I have a protein bar and a savoury nibble, they do fill me up and it's a sustained full-up feeling.  Yesterday I didn't want anything else until dinner time.

So now I have another full day's DTU food for Sunday; a bit of a pain because I was looking forward getting back to my own cooking again.  I've checked dates and while the kits all say 1-8-20, the meat that goes with those kits is dated 2nd or 3rd so that will be OK.  The vegetables in the kits look sound enough so I'm happy with that.

At SW Zoom, I had lost a pleasing but slightly frustrating one and a half pounds.  Half a pound to go although I want to keep losing because the proper weigh in in a fortnight or so will be in very different conditions.

Yesterday's photos:

Peanut granola and I added some natural yogurt and some blueberries.  It was very tasty indeed.

These were the 'snacks' I had for lunch plus a couple of satsumas.

I've taken quite a fancy to jerky/biltong.  It's ncer than I thought it would be.



The pizza was delicious (I finished off the other half too) and the salad was most satisfying as it contained beetroot, baby corn, tomatoes and cucumber, all home grown in garden or allotment.  So fresh and delicious!

Today's meals:

B:  salted caramel porridge with fruit
I rather fancy adding some strawberries to this and, as it happens, I have three ripe ones in the garden - how lucky!  There might be a few raspberries on the canes as well.
258 calories plus whatever the fruit is

L:  satay chicken and brown rice
It's nice to be having brown rice again.  There are some good reviews of this ping pot.
367 calories

D:  Thai beef massaman curry
In this kit there's a whole pouch of Tilda basmati rice of which, I assume, one is expected to have half.  I will keep the pouch intact and pop it in my store cupboard and instead have some protein rice (not really rice, just like protein noodles but grain shaped) instead.  I can finish that off tomorrow because there's another kit with rice to have, the Chinese chicken curry.
I'm not going to be short on rice over the next few months, am I?
I might also add some extra veg to the curry - I'll count them when I add them.
498 calories minus 179 calories (the rice) plus 27 calories (a dollop of natural yogurt) and fifteen calories for a portion of protein rice = 346 calories

Body Magic:  Not sure.  Watering down the allotment, for sure, as it is supposed to be a very hot day, and I have found some DTU clips on you tube so I fancy trying one of those.

Total:  986 calories plus the fruit and the vegetables and whatever snack I may have to make it up to 1200 calories at least.

6 comments:

  1. Well done on the loss, you're so nearly there! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, it was a bit frustrating really but never mind.
      Thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Half pound to go, fingers crossed for you, will it be a teeth gritted, extra hard push for that and a bit more for the real scales? I always knew what the difference was between mine and the group scales, it was rarely out, only if I had a late cup of tea before going to group! So close, yay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the scales, it's that at home I weigh first thing, after the loo, no clothes on . . . oh, you know! At group it will be in the evening and we may not be allowed to even take our shoes off. That's going to make a difference, for sure.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Argh!Didn't think of all that. Flip flops? Lightest footwear you've got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear flip flops but I think I will get some and put them on before I go in. :-)
      xx

      Delete