Saturday 1 August 2020

Saturday, 01-08-20; DTU week 2, day 6

Officially the last day of DTU; unofficially the penultimate day.

Yesterday's photos:

This went down a treat with strawberries from the garden.

 Lunch was OK - I could take it or leave it really.
I did rather play about with dinner.  I took out the potatoes and, instead, had courgette, baby corn and runner beans from the allotment and some mange tout that really needed using up (I still have some left) and I swapped the pouch of rice with some protein 'rice'.
When it was all made, it looked loads (without any rice) so I split it into two portions and will freeze the other portion.
It was very nice but there was no heat in it at all.

It was - well, not exactly a hungry day because I wasn't hungry but a 'want to eat' day so I had all three snacks; a lemon crunch bar, some mountain chips and some cinnamon apple chips.  I think the those, with the fact that I had half of the dinner and no real rice, will even things out and the good thing is that I have a portion for a meal another time (spiced up a bit).
Today's meal plans:

B:  cinnamon roll porridge
I cam home from my friend's house on Thursday with five lovely cookers from her apple tree.  I may stew some, add a bit of stevia and have it on top.  After all, apple and cinnamon go very well together, don't they?
289 calories plus the apple

L:  Moroccan meatballs and couscous plus a salad
This is a ping meal, the last of the week.  The salad is extra, if I want it, which I will decide when I see how much there is in the container, and will be as much home grown produce as possible.
413 calories plus salad

D:  Chinese chicken curry
- with extra mange tout, courgette, baby corn and the other half of the protein rice instead of the pouch of rice.  I've done rather well for saving rice this week - three pouches in the cupboard
443 calories plus the added veg and the protein rice but minus the proper rice.


Body magic:  Some time at the allotment, weeding - if it's not too hot.

Total:  1121 calories plus the stewed apple and the salad


4 comments:

  1. Well the DTU meals have clearly worked for you, they've refocused your mind and enabled you to beat the plateau. I'm happy for you, Joy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and for that alone, maybe it was worth it, thanks, Sooze. I will be glad to get back to my 'normal' on Monday though, back into my pattern again.
      xx

      Delete
  2. All the meals sound delicious and healthy too. Well done, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. I've learned a bit from the last two weeks, I think. Useful.
      xx

      Delete