Wednesday 5 August 2020

Wednesday, 05-08-20

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday's food photos.


I forgot to take a photo of breakfast - it was fruit with yogurt and some agave nectar..
I also had extra cold meat with the lunchtime salad and two babybel minis mid afternoon, not one, which will have upped the calorie total a bit.


Today's food plans:

B:  mushroom omelette and fried tomatoes
Made the usual way in my dear little omelette maker that's been so, so useful (good old Aldi!).  Each omelette takes two eggs and a bit of something else.  It's also a good one to have before personal training as it's not 'heavy' on my tum, so to speak.  I'm now at the point where the early picked tomatoes are accumulating in a bowl on the kitchen window ledge so there's plenty to have.
total: 226 cals
SW:  free

L:  cheese and onion toastie, salad; apple
I haven't had a toastie for ages so I'm looking forward to this.  In order to up the calories, I will be lavish and have a sandwich within a sandwich and have a slice of smoked applewood cheddar, which I love, some onion chutney, some sliced tomato and then another slice of applewood (goodness!) before the final slice of bread.
the toastie:  386 cals
salad and 1 tsp dressing: around 50 cals
apple:  55 cals
total:  491 cals
SW:  two healthy extra As and one B, one and a half syns for 1 tbsp chutney

Afternoon snack:  apple and orange
100 cals

D:  roast chicken, new potatoes and veg; kvarg or yogurt
I'd fancied something from Lifeline online but came home from the allotment yesterday with some goodies so I will roast/bake a chicken breast fillet and have it with new potatoes, runner beans, courgettes and baby corn, all from the allotment and the vegetables all speed veggies too. 
main course:  325, approx
dessert:  100 cals
total: 425 cals
SW:  free

Body Magic:  forty five minutes of personal training

Summary
two healthy extra As and one B
one and a half syns
1242 calories.


Not up to my 1400 target but getting there.  I don't want to go bonkers and splurge on crisps or chocolate - that would be the wrong path for me, even if it would up the calories easily.  Thank you for the great suggestions yesterday, both of which I will try at some point, when it 'feels right'.
I'm still aiming for a good variety of foods, tasty meals, eating healthily and packing in the fruit and veg, especially in this season of garden and allotment produce, and they will work within that framework.

Just as I've had to work to develop a good range of breakfasts, lunches and dinners, now I am developing a range of afternoon snacks because I think it will become a regular in my eating pattern.  It works well at meeting a 'need to nibble' spot in the day.  I want to keep it to around 100 calories and for it to be speed or free foods (mostly, anyway).
Any suggestions would be welcomed and received gratefully.  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Great food choices Joy and wise not up the calories with rubbish. I'm a snicker and need to break the habit. Its fantastic when you find a gadget you really enjoy. I want a toastie waffle thingy from Lidl on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get one - they are so, so useful for jazzing things up and for helping healthy eating.

      Thanks for the encouragement, it really makes a difference.
      xx

      Delete
  2. We had salmon, New pots and salad last night, I thought of you as we had a small avocado sliced in the salad, would that help up the calories? When I was doing SW properly I avoided them but enjoy the occasional one now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would. I dearly love avocado, thanks. Healthy oils too. WLR tells me that the flesh of a small avocado is 190 cals - just right!
      Thanks very much.
      xx

      Delete