Friday 28 August 2020

Friday; 28-08-20

Good morning!
Well, after last weeks slightly disappointing weigh in which put me two and a half pounds above target and only just in the 'you don't have to pay' bubble, a weekend at Dad's where gin may have played a very small (honestly) part and a rest of week being careful but not too careful and with a good amount of exercise, weigh in yesterday evening gave me a four pound loss.  Woo hoo.
Obviously, I was very pleased, albeit surprised, and it just reinforces what I thought last week - that there were reasons for the apparent gain.

It also rather makes a mockery of my aim to lose around half a pound a week from hereon up to December but I'm not complaining!
The aim still stands.  Another half pound off will get me the three and a half stone certificate and shiny sticker, the last one I can realistically hope to get, and two and a half off will see me where I am aiming to be with a 'fine tuning' of the target weight.  And there's plenty of time and space for that to happen.

Yesterday's photos.
No photo of breakfast as I had it in dribs and drabs.  Two apples (small ones) before swimming, a plum after swimming and the yogurt a bit later on.

Lunch was the bean and veg soup.

And this was dinner.  It was delicious and most satisfying!

(There may have been a mini bottle of alcohol involved too)

!



Today's food plans:

B:  waffles, pancakes or breakfast buns, yogurt and fruit
I can't decide which to make from the batter but never mind, there's time.  I think I might make the toffee apple flavour batter again; it was so nice and I have so many apples to use up.
SW:  one healthy extra B for 40g wholemeal flour
around 350 calories

L:  scrambled eggs on toast; apples
Self explanatory really.  I want something quick and simple and this fits the bill perfectly.
SW:  half a healthy extra B
around 300 calories (using two eggs and one slice wholemeal)

D:  chicken chasseur, pommes parmentier, petit pois; grapes
It sounds a bit posh, doesn't it?  It's just hunter's chicken, cubed potato, actifried until brown and crispy, and frozen peas - that's all.
I shall use some of my glut of garden tomatoes to make the sauce, which will be nice, and I have a bit of white wine in the freezer which I can toss in for a bit of extra flavour.
Dave and Anna are coming round to share it with me so I will make plenty and any leftovers will provide me with another dinner another time..
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for cheese on top - it's not so easy to tell when it's a shared dish and I'm certainly not making mine separately.  :-) , one syn for the wine, two for some oil to actifry the potato cubes
around 700 calories  it's very hard to say but I think this is a fair approximation.

Body magic:  housework and generally bustling around today.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As and one and a half Bs.  That's OK as I can allow up to four healthy extras now instead of three
three syns
1350 calories very approximately - I'll get back to more accurate measuring tomorrow

6 comments:

  1. No Joy, not woo hoo. It's WOOO HOOOO!!!!

    I'm so pleased for you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! OK, fair enough! Thanks, Sooze, I was really happy about it. Not slimmer of the week because of last week's gain but I don't mind about that at all.
      I think I'm beginning to see the way forward now.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Yayyyy for you. Congratulations Joy. I will get back on it one day and reading about your endeavours still encourages me. I think you deserved your mini alcohol drink last night. If your guests tonight don't know about how you cook I don't think they'd guess the Hunters Chicken is SW. I must make that again, we have lots of tomatoes. Had some good body magic lately, marking out and strimming the new Plot and there's been a delivery of cow muck so putting down cardboard and shovelling the proverbial. So you could have a very pleasant and gentle half pound here and there up to Christmas. Enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Lyn, and that goes for a lot of the SW/PoN meals - they are 'proper' meals, just healthy as well.
      The plot sounds as if it's going well. We have manure at our allotment too and I keep telling myself I must get some before it all goes.

      I would be very happy with half a pound a week, truly. I don;t want to go down much more and certainly not fast. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I've completely lost the plot and am struggling, Joy. But just as I would say to anyone else ----I'll get back in the zone - just got to keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will. Been there, totally understand and sympathise very much. When I found I was in that place, I changed the focus in some way, hence the Pinch of Nom recipes weeks, the SW magazine recipes weeks, the Lifeline online recipes weeks and so on.
      I'm not saying it's the answer, just that it worked for me so might possibly work for others as well.
      (((hugs)))
      xx

      Delete