Friday 14 August 2020

Friday, 14-08-20

Good morning:
Well, stayed the same this week which is a bit disappointing but I suppose it consolidated getting to target.  I'm making an all out effort this coming week as I am really not sure that I will show target at next week's first face to face weigh in.

Fortuitously, as I was trawling around the Muscle Foods site wondering about buying some of their chicken, etc, I followed a link and, lo and behold, there's loads of their recipes so you can make them up with your own ingredients rather than buying the kit.  I'm really pleased, especially as I do seem to have most of the stuff most of the recipes require (or a good substitute).

So, for the coming week, I'm going to do my own breakfasts, some of my own lunches and use the DTU recipes for the rest of my lunches and as many as my dinners as I can manage.  I will run them all through WLR to check the calories - at least to start with, just to be sure.

Yesterday's photos:

No breakfast photo - it wasn't really a breakfast, after all.

Lunch was great - nothing special but I do like salad and I must make some more quiche at some point.


Dinner was so simple but really delicious.  Getting trout instead of salmon was a serendipitous mistake.


Today's meals:
B:  fruity pancakes and yogurt
My usual recipe and I will add some of the breakfast topper mix which is really very tasty indeed.
pancakes: 289 cals
fruit: 37 cals
agave nectar (20 mls): 30 cals
total: 356 cals
SW:  one healthy extra B, half a syn for the yogurt and one and a half for the agave nectar

L:  ultimate burger bowl; fruit
A DTU recipe.  I'm not sure if you need to log in to see it, but just in case you don't, here it is.  The given calorie count looks low so I'm definitely going to check it out.
https://www.musclefood.com/burger-bowl
I may have it with wedges so I've counted them in case, but it's lunch so maybe not.
recipe: 235 cals (more than the recipe says so it was wise to check)
wedges:  151 cals
fruit: 55 cals
total:  441 cals
SW:  half a syn for the mayo in the sauce (rest is free) and two syns for oil in the fries.

 Afternoon snack:  three babybels and plums
total: 200 cals

D:  sticky orange chicken
And another DTU recipe.
https://www.musclefood.com/orange-chicken; yogurt or kvarg
recipe: 262 cals (less than it says because I'm having protein noodles)dessert: around 90 cals
total:  352 cals
SW:  2 syns for oil, one syn for plum sauce, half a syn for orange juice and one and a half syns for the noodles

Body Magic:  half an hour swim (horray!)

Summary:
one healthy extra A and one B
nine and a half syns
1349 calories.  That's better!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, good. Thank you for letting me know.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I am quite sure you'll be fine at weigh in next week, Joy, I have enormous faith in you. I really like the look of the deconstructed burger in a bowl. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too haven't lost anything. Oddly enough though I do look slimmer and trimmer. You post such tasty looking meals that it could tempt the most jaded dieter to try them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do like a meal to look tempting.
      xx

      Delete
    2. The weight will follow, I am sure. That happens to me from time to time. Also, in hot weather, the body tries to hold on to fluids.
      xx

      Delete