Saturday 29 August 2020

Saturday, 29-08-20

Hi, everyone.
Recently and after a mention by Jen, our SW consultant, I've become very fond of following some SW based vlogs.  They tend to give 'what I ate today' type clips plus recipes, ideas and food hauls
One such vlogger is Tracey Mouse who updates very regularly.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYa_2qGXJzMktDnbW8b62hQ
She posted a recipe for carrot 'cake' the SW way which I really want to try some time soon and I think it would work as a breakfast bun (as below).
I'm also wondering about a gingerbread version.  I feel some experimenting coming on!

Yesterday's photos:

These breakfast toffee apple buns were absolutely delicious.  With no oil, they are more a bread puddingy texture (which I like) than a cake texture and they are so good, I've done the recipe as a separate post

https://my30-30challenge.blogspot.com/2020/08/recipe-toffee-apple-breakfast-buns.html








I didn't have lunch (no time/didn't want one anyway) and I have guests for dinner.  The hunter's chicken was delicious, as were the parmentier potatoes.  I shall make them again instead of chips!
All I did was cut the potato into cubes instead of 'fingers'.  The rest was the same - soak in water to remove some starch, dry well, pop in the actifry with a bit of oil (or spray oil) and some Cajun spice on the chip setting and thirty minutes later, lo and behold!  Crunchy, golden parmentier potatoes.
It must have tasted good all round as there was just one piece of chicken left with some sauce.  No potatoes and no peas.
The chicken is now in the freezer, to be planned in next week.

(must find a new one for September)
B:  cooked breakfast
I really fancy a good old English cooked breakfast, modified to suit my SW aspirations, of course.  Bacon, sausage, egg, cubed fried potato, tomatoes and 'fried' bread (sprayed with frylight)
SW:  half a syn for the sausage and half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread
384 calories


L:  tandoori chicken with salad; fruit
The tandoori chicken is a Muscle Foods purchase and I'm hoping it's nice.
SW:  I can't find the relevant product on Lifeline Online but all the other muscle food chicken is free so I'm calling this free as well. One syn for some raspberry vinaigrette and one for mayo to make coleslaw.
350 calories

Snack:  three babybel lights
SW:  one healthy extra A
126 calories


D:  pizza and salad; kvarg
When I was in M&S the other day, I saw their Mixed Pizza Slices and got a pack.  A portion is half, three slices, and it's suitable for freezing.
SW:  I can't find the syns for the pizza slices anywhere, sorry.  One syn for some raspberry dressing
450  calories

Body Magic:  if the weather stays like it is, something inside!

Summary:
one healthy extra A and half a B
three and a half syns, possibly more
1310 calories



No comments:

Post a Comment