Friday 7 August 2020

Friday, 07-08-20

Morning!
Well, at long, long last I have got there.  I hit target at the weigh in yesterday.  I'm so pleased and happy.
All in all, from the start of the gall bladder problem which is when the weight started dropping, I have lost just three pounds shy of seven stone.


Has it been worth it?  You bet it has.

Is it the end of the journey?  Well, no, not really.
There's two things - first of all, I want to lose a bit more in the two weeks before face to face meetings restart as things will be different - different scales, different time of the day, different clothes . . . and shoes on, I gather.  So unless I'm careful, I will show above target weight and I don't want that!  :-)

And the other is learning to maintain.  I have a feeling that's going to be a bit harder than it sounds and I really don't want to be one of the 96% (or whatever it is) that regains weight afterwards.  This is for the rest of my live and it's all about quality of life and, probably longevity too.  It's important.

Edit:  How did I forget to say this?  Thank you.  Thank you all for your encouragement, whether it has been via positive and encouraging comments or just 'vibing' be on and wishing me well.  You have helped more than you probably imagine and I am very, very grateful.  xx

No photos of yesterday - the planning all went upsy-down and I most certainly broke through the syn barrier good and proper!!!  Not to worry - If I have learnt one thing, it's to get right back on the wagon again!

One more thing - the free curry did arrive and I made it, adding extra veg (courgettes and onions) and it made four portions, would you believe.  Four reasonable sized portions which are now snuggling down in the freezer for delicious future meals - lunches or dinners.

Today's food plans:  straight back on track after yesterday's celebrations!

B:  lemon and blueberry pancakes with yogurt and agave nectar
I decided to have the fruit in the pancakes rather than on for a change and use natural yogurt rather than flavoured yogurt.  The lemon in the pancakes will come from essence and a bit of grated zest.
the pancakes: 300 cals
extra yogurt and agave nectar: 72 cals
total:  372 cals
SW:  one and a half syns for the nectar and one healthy extra B

L:  kvarg and some fresh fruit
I decided to make it light as I'll be driving straight afterwards
total:  200 cals
SW:  half a syn for the kvarg

Afternoon snack
I'll be at Dad's so it depends what he has in but he usually has plenty of fruit
total:  100 cals
SW: free

D:  sirloin steak, chips, some sort of veg
This is where the whole calorie thing breaks down for the weekend as I really don't know either the calories or the SW values.  I will aim for small to moderate portions of anything that isn't speed and I know I can do it because I did last time.

Posts will be a bit sparse over the weekend.  I'll try to post planning but, if I don't, I'll be back on Monday.



12 comments:

  1. May I be the first to congratulate you, Joy! A HUGE well done, you've inspired me so much, thank you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sooze. It's worked both ways and I've been so very grateful for all the support.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Joy. I'm so pleased for you. It's a fantastic achievement and you're an inspiration xx

    P.S. will you still keep this blog going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen - I'm so happy about it.
      Yes, I will - I still need the accountability as I learn how to maintain and beyond.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Joy, that is absolutely brilliant news, very well done. You were always going to get there, you must feel so pleased and happy. Yaaaay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy, thanks. Now I need to hold onto it and not gain. A new experience for me. 🙂. xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Joy, you are an inspiration to others. Well done. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing achievement -especially in the current climate. You've done so well, I'm really happy for you. (And sorry I'm late)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chrissie. It's only just sinking in really, nearly a week on.
      How are you?
      xx

      Delete