Sunday 16 August 2020

Sunday, 16-08-20

Morning!

Yesterday's food photos.

Breakfast was fried tomatoes on toast.  So simple and so very flavoursome.

Lunch:  sweet chilli beef with noodles.
This was much more flavoursome that yesterday's noodly meal.  I added a bit too much chilli but a dollop of natural yogurt sorted that out.  One to make again!

I changed the dinner plan as it had been such a wet and miserable day.  Instead of salad, I had some roasted tomatoes, courgette and onion and very nice it was too.




Today's plans:
B:  two boiled eggs and toast dippers
I have an early morning swim and I think this will be just the ticket when I get home afterwards.
eggs:  170 cals
toast:  126 cals
total: 296 cals
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  haddock and potato pie, runner beans; fruit
There seems precious few haddock recipes around unless it's smoked salmon.  Searching round was quite frustrating so I decided to concoct something.
I will actifry some sliced potato until it's just done and starting to brown.
In a small, oven proof dish I will lay some sliced mushroom, red pepper and onion.  Over that will go the fish and some seasoning and on top I will lay a slice of applewood smoked cheddar.  Finally, over the top will go the potato slices and 15g of finely grated cheddar and it will oven bake at about 200C for around fifteen to twenty minutes until the fish is cooked.
I have some runner beans left over from yesterday so they can heat in the microwave at the last minute.
We will see. . .
the fish pie:  340 cals
runner beans:  15 cals
apple:  55 cals
total: 410 cals
SW:  one syn for some oil and one and a half healthy extra As for cheese

Snack:  apple
total 55 cals

D:  Mexican chicken stew with beans and quinoa; yogurt or kvarg
I am expecting a delivery of Musclefood meat today and intend using one of the chicken breast fillets - or half, if they are as huge as the were in my last order from them.
It sounds really good, this recipe (https://www.musclefood.com/mexican-chicken-stew-with-beans), with chicken, onion, peppers, chipotle paste, tomatoes, pinto beans and quinoa.   I think I have pinto beans in the freezer but, if not, another bean will do instead.
I've never been keen on quinoa but I think it's about time I gave it another go in some flavoursome recipes.
recipe: 510 cals
dessert: 90 cals approx)
total:  600 cals
SW:  half a syn for the chipotle paste and one for oil

Body Magic:  half hour swim

Summary
one and a half healthy extra As and one B
two and a half syns
1361 cals



It's been so miserable over the last few days that I shall set to and make a bot of my spicy bean and veg soup and that will do my lunches for the next few days.  If it suddenly gets hot again, it can go into the freezer - but somehow, I doubt it will need to.

Note to self:  STOP getting on the scales each morning.  They are up and down like a yoyo and it just worries me.  I'm so glad I'm back at group this Thursday and can use the proper scales again.  :-)

6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, your haddock lunch sounds delicious, just the sort of thing I like. I know what you mean about getting on the scales too often, happens to me too, our weight does fluctuate from day to day and it is a bit off-putting! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I shouldn't really and it is time I stopped. :-)
      I'm looking forward to lunch. I do like a nice bit of fish.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I am guilty of weighing myself every morning. It's really off putting to find how much my weight fluctuates for no apparent reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I agree. It can be very disconcerting and encourages me to become too obsessive and analytical instead of just accepting that this is actually normal.
      Why don't you join me - scales just once a week?
      xx

      Delete
  3. I always mean to weigh just once a week, but I am weak willed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really tough. I had to force myself to walk away from the scales this morning. Maybe I need to find somewhere to put them out of sight.
      xx

      Delete