Thursday 6 August 2020

Thursday, 06-08-20

Good morning!
Weigh day and Zoom meeting today.  There's just this one and next week's one to go and then it's back, hopefully, to face to face meetings in a fortnight.  I have to say, the online meetings have been an absolute life line during lockdown but it will be nice to see people f2f again.  Fingers are crossed..

Something nice has happened.  I have access to the Do The Unthinkable Facebook group and the other day they had a 'competition' (not really a comp at all, more a draw out of a virtual hat) to win one of the new Indian meals they are bringing out. All I had to do was comment 'Yes, I want one' which I did with a please and a thank you added because I'm old enough to feel uncomfortable about demands.  Lo and behold, I was one of the ten lucky winners. 
The meal should be arriving today and I'll be having it for dinner tonight.  The most frugal meals in the world are the ones you don't pay for!


Yesterday's photos:


Mushroom omelette, cheese and onion toasties and chicken and allotment veg.  All very tasty, filling and satisfying.
Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon, sausage, egg and tomatoes
Another I haven't had for a while because of using the DTU meals, so I'm quite looking forward to it.  A couple of bacon medallions, a skinny sausage, a 'fried' egg and lots of fried tomatoes and I will splash out on a couple of tbsps of brown sauce as well.  Nice.
I'm doing well for tomatoes now - rarely do I go into the garden without picking a few and they mount up in a bowl on the window ledge.  I'll be making sauces for the freezer soon!
the meal: 315 cals
brown sauce (2 level tbsps):  35 cals
total:  350 cals
SW:  two syns for the sauce and half a syn for the sausage


L:  chinese chicken salad, apple or orange
The chicken is both of  the DTU chicken on a stick snacks that I didn't use so I froze them.  The salad will be the usual.
chicken: 180 cals
salad: up to 50 cals
dressing (one tbsp raspberry vinaigrette - I just love this dressing):  39 cals
total:  269 cals 
SW:  two syns for the dressing

Afternoon snack:  three thin slices salt beef (needs using up) and some tomatoes (250g).
total: around 95 calories
SW:  free

D:  the DTU prize; kvarg
DTU keeps pushing back in, doesn't it?  I got the notification yesterday; it sound great and it's a kit rather than a ready cooked meal.  Mighty Spice Chickpea Curry with pilau rice which sounds right up my street although I have no idea how many calories it is.
I think I will have the rice that comes with it this time rather than subbing protein rice.  Let's live dangerously!
dinner:  no idea yet
kvarg:  100 calories
total:  ???

Body Magic:  allotment, walk

Summary:
no healthy extras - ooops, never mind!
five and a half syns
I'll have to update the calories when I know about dinner.


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise win. It took me a long time to find out you don't have to have your healthy extras although I always do. So yes oops never mind. Good luck with Zoom meeting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, you know now. They can be a useful addition, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Free food (literally) is always welcome! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! And this was delicious free food!
      xx

      Delete