Saturday 15 August 2020

Saturday, 15-08-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast.  Not the prettiest looking pancakes in the world but arguably the most delicious (!!!).

Lunch was the home made version of the burger bowl.  I'd planned fries but didn't want them so didn't make any.  If it was a dinner, I most likely would.
I changed the recipe (link posted yesterday) a bit - after cooking the mince, I added a tbsp bbq sauce and the same of tomato puree plus a splash of water and let it simmer very, very gently for half an hour, covered.
For the sauce, I mixed a tbsp each or mayo, tomato puree and mustard ketchup and added a pinch each or garlic and onion granules.

Definitely doing that again!

Dinner was OK.  I just thought the sauce lacked oomph, being neither sticky nor orange enough.  Maybe I will try it again using undiluted orange squash instead and more of the plum sauce plus maybe some sweet chilli sauce.  More calories but more impact.

Today's food plans:

B:  tomatoes on toast
I have loads of tomatoes from the garden to use and I'm looking forward to this no end.  I will just toast two small slices of wholemeal and fry my tomatoes (loads of them!) in a little spray oil for big flavours - or maybe I will be lavish and roast them in the oven with a bit of garlic and some garden thyme for even more impact.
toast:  126 cals
tomatoes:  54 cals
total: 180 cals
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  sweet chilli beef, piece of fruit
Here's the recipe and Eileen assures me (thanks, Eileen) that it can be opened without needing to log in.
https://www.musclefood.com/sweet-chilli-beef
I have leftover protein noodles from yesterday evening so will use them instead of rice and I've taken a small piece of fillet steak out of the freezer.  I hate chewy beef and it can be very chewy from Chinese restaurants.
The only other sub is using agave nectar instead of honey in the marinade
the recipe, incl the protein noodles:  265 cals
fruit: around 55 cals
total: 320 cals
SW:  the agave nectar is one and a half syns, the noodles one syn and one tsp sesame seeds is one syn.  The rest, as far as I can tell, is free

Snack:  three babybels and some fruit
babybels:  126 cals
fruit: around 55 cals
total:  181 cals
SW:  one healthy extra A for the babybels

D:  crispy pork escalopes with runner beans, tomatoes and courgettes; kvarg or yogurt
Another Muscle Food recipe, found here.
The recipe uses veal but I have pork steaks in the freezer and will use one of them.  The vegetables are all from garden/allotment - yum!
It's adapted, of course.  I won't add the oil to the egg and I will omit the parmesan in the salad.  If I want a cheesy flavour, I might grate a babybel.  I'll use spray oil throughout, including roasting the tomatoes and courgette.
adapted recipe: 397 cals
the veg: 104
dessert:  90 cals, roughly
total:  591 cal
(probably la bit less as when you egg and crumb something, there's always quite a lot left behind)
SW:  nothing for breadcrumbs as I have decided to use some of my breakfast bread so already counted, the babybel can be part of a heA and some plain flour will be three syns

Body Magic:  a rest day today, I think.

Summary:
one and a bit healthy extra As and one healthy extra B
1272 calories - a bit low but I daresay there will be a few tomatoes from time to time and maybe a plum or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment