Monday 3 August 2020

Monday, 03-08-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's photos:

This was gorgeous.  I think that of all the porridges I have tried over the last couple of weeks, it's my favourite.  I liked it without the choc shot over but with it and my favourite mix of fruit  - wow.
You can get it, I think, in Morrisons and I might treat myself now and again.


This was one lovely dinner.  I saved the potatoes, turned the carrots into spicy carrot chips, thanks to the actifry and some Cajun spice, cut a courgette long ways, sprayed with garlic fry light and popped in the griddle pan after I'd cooked the pork in the way they advised with some honey mustard and, as well as the courgettes, added some runner beans (so delicious) and some green beans.  The lot was finished off with a dollop of apple sauce made from apples from my friend, Jackie's apple tree.

It was splendid!

Here's the very colourful dinner.  I enhanced the salad with cucumber and white beetroot (turned a bit pink because it was in the same container as purple ones) while the mince was delicious - I added to the mix the leftover tomato puree and mustard ketchup (from the kit) and a dollop of Crucials bbq sauce, cooked it longer than the instructions said and it was so good.  The sauce on top was a mix of mayo, mustard ketchup and tomato puree and was so good I'm going to get some mustard ketchup (which I have never heard of before) and make it again.
I just didn't fancy the wedges (fancy that!) so left them out.

It's been a wonderful day's eating for the last DTU day although, to be fair, I did change quite a lot.  I good way to finish.
Today's meal plans:

B:  wholemeal waffles with yogurt and fruit
This HAD to be my first non-DTU breakfast, didn't it?  Waffles.  I have, in the freezer a bag of 'Breakfast Toppers' - a mix of strawberry, raspberry, mango and pineapple, all speed/free fruit - and I will use a portion of that.  It seems a very handy thing to have and much better value than having to buy all the fruit as separate items..
waffles:  299 calories
fruit: 37 calories
total:  336 calories
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal flour and half a syn for the yogurt

L:  lentil flatbread pizza and salad, apple
This is a bit of an experiment really.  On Sue's Challenge blog, she is doing the Ration Challenge
Here's the link to the post where she unpacks the ration box - please do go over, take a look and sponsor her, if you can.  It's such a good cause.
https://ayearofchallengingmyself.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-grand-unboxing-of-my-ration-pack.html

Anyway, she was talking about finding recipes for her very limited range of ingredients and posted a link to a recipe for lentil flatbreads, using just lentils, water and seasonings (if you want).  I gave it a go and they are OK, quite nice, so I thought I'd see if one worked as a pizza base.  It may or may not work - we will see - but it is definitely frugal!!
I shall make the sauce from some tomato puree, some soy sauce and some bbq sauce, mixed together and the topping will be sauce, onion, mushroom, red pepper, bacon medallion and 30g cheddar
one lentil flatbread:  44 calories
toppings: 250 cals
salad:  30 calories
apple: 50 calories
total:  374 calories
SW:  half a syn for bbq sauce and one heA for cheese.  The rest is speed or free food

Snack
a mini babybel and a piece of fruit
around 100 cals
SW:  a third of a healthy extra A

D:  teriyaki chicken noodles stir fry and salad; raspberry kvarg
I found this recipe on Slimming World's Lifeline Online and thought it looked worth a try.  The 'teriyaki sauce' is a mix of soy and oyster sauces which seems an easy way to go.  If you are a SW member and have access to Lifeline Online, the recipe is here.
the recipe: 298 calories (might be more if the chicken fillet is bigger)
salad:  30 calories
raspberry vinaigrette, 10 mls:  26 calories
kvarg: 90 calories
total:  428 calories
SW: half a syn for the kvarg, one for protein noodles and one syn for the dressing

Body Magic:

Summary
one healthy extra A and one B
three and a half syns
1238 calories.

Not enough calories if I'm aiming for 1400 - I will add some fruit or a left-over DTU snack to the mix somewhere.  But it looks a good, filling, healthy mix of foods, I think, and with variety.

It's nice to be back.  :-)


4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Joy. Lovely looking plates of food today. We saw my eldest daughter on Saturday, first time since Mothers Day, so good to see her and her family. They barbecued and her home made dips were delicious but full fat everything. My hubby made a very very very wicked dessert, he doesn't do desserts but wanted to take something. Well, the scales are on the way back down today, thanks to his ratatouille last night made with allotment onions and yellow courgettes. Unfortunately I was up Sunday night with my gallstones protesting, serves me right and I should remember I have them but never do until they make their presence known, SW has definitely helped calm down certain digestive problems. Have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday night not Sunday night,pain was directly after our lovely family visit x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, Lyn. I still remember that pain; it is really most unpleasant. Fortunately, all I get now is the runs if I have too much fatty food - which is a great preventer!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you feel much better very quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete