Sunday 23 August 2020

Sunday, 23-08-20

Good morning.

Yesterday went according to plan.  Dinner ended up as roast chicken.  I had a nice big chicken breast which I wrapped in bacon and roasted.  I made some stuffing using softened onion, some boerwurst (I think that's the word) sausage meat, some sage from the garden, a slice of lean ham and some fresh breadcrumbs, all mixed together with some pepper and baked, covered with foil.  It was lovely with new potato, runner beans and roasted tomatoes and leek (all from Dad's garden).  A real feast!
(hardly low syn with the stuffing but who cares?  Not me.  It was delicious)

While shopping in Tescos for Dad, I bought some Nevill's bread that everyone in group seems to be talking about because you can have TWO BIG SLICES (yes, it tends to be said in capitals, just like that!) for one healthy extra B.  I used some for my lunchtime sandwich and I have to say it was quite nice, much better than I expected.  People have been saying how nice to be able to have a 'proper' sized sandwich for your healthy extra B and I do know what they mean - it's mind over matter really, I guess.
I was expecting something olden days Nimble-like, all tasteless foam and air but it wasn't.  It's also pretty good value, being the replacement for their value bread.

Tesco replaces Everyday Value bread with HW Nevill's brand | News ...
(image borrowed from Google Images with thanks)


Today's plans:
B:  yogurt and fruit
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt; the fruit will be speed fruit

L:  cold meat and salad or, maybe, another sarnie or perhaps fried tomatoes on toast; apple
I'll see what Dad wants.  It will be SW friendly, anyway!
SW:  if I have bread, it will be my healthy extra B and any mayo will be one syn; all the salad veg will be speed veg

Snack:   three babybel lights
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  short rib beef with baby carrots and roasted beetroot (from Dad's garden) and new potatoes (from the allotment)
The beef is from a local butcher and is already cooked so all one has to do is gently reheat it in the oven.  It's really tasty and the meat just falls off the rib.  It's also pretty lean so I'm calling it SW free.
SW:  two syns for some oil for roasting the beetroots and, probably, one for some gravy; the carrots and the beetroot are speed veg

Summary:
one healthy extra A and one B
four and a half syns
Just for a while I want to focus on having enough speed veg on my plate - it's quite easy to forget that SW encourages you to have a third of your meal as speed fruit or veg whenever appropriate and I do like to have my fruit and veg.
It certainly makes a lot more sense to have unlimited speed food than it does to have unlimited rice, pasta, etc!



No comments:

Post a Comment