Thursday 13 August 2020

Thursday, 13-08-20

Morning.
It's the last Zoom meeting today.  We're back to face to face next week.

Yesterday's photos.

Extremely delicious 'tropical' breakfast buns.  For these, I used the basic recipe, the yogurt was 160g Mullerlight coconut with a hint of vanilla (I used 80g for the buns), I added some orange essence, a grating of nutmeg and a small pinch of cinnamon.  The fruit was about 60g Aldi frozen breakfast topper fruit (strawberry, pineapple, mango and peach).  80g is a portion so I tipped the rest and the juice from defrosting into the yogurt (the rest of the Mullerlight).
Oh, I did enjoy them!

A nice, simple, refreshing lunch.  It was nice to have some white bread for a change as well.

Dinner was nicer than I expected it to be.  It was a ready meal, the Aldi Slim Well sweet and sour chicken and there was loads - I could only manage half of it.
Definitely one to get again, I think.  Apart from the fact that I liked it, it's also not bad value for a ready meal.








Today's meal plans:
B:  sweet and sour chicken and protein noodles.
I know, most unsuitable for breakfast but it's left over and I'm not wasting it plus I have already got lunch and dinner stuff out of the freezer.  So there you go!
sweet and sour chicken  134 cals
protein noodles 15 calories
soy sauce 25 cals
total 164 cals
SW:  one syn for the noodles and one and a half for the sweet and sour

L:  chicken and asparagus quiche, salad, coleslaw; fruit
This is the last of the quiche I made ages ago - about time it was used up, isn't it?
quiche 234 cals
salad 30 cals
coleslaw 30 cals
dressing 26 cals (for 10 mls)
fruit 55 cals
total 375 cals
SW:  one healthy extra A for the quiche

Afternoon snack:
apple, orange
total 100 cals
SW:  free

D:  trout, chips and runner beans; yogurt or kvarg
Trout, not salmon, because that's what came up when I dived into the freezer;  not as extravagant as it sounds because
a)  I thought it was salmon when I bought it and
b)  it was on special - a really good deal, even for salmon!
I will just sprinkle over some lime juice (from a bottle!), add a sprig of rosemary, wrap it in foil and steam it over the runner beans.
trout 126 cals
chips 128 cals (150g of potato and half a tsp oil, done in the actifry)
runner beans 39 cals
mayo (on the trout) 30 cals
dessert around 90 cals
total 413
SW:  half a syn for the dessert and two for the oil

Body Magic:  Not sure.  It is supposed to be cooler today but we are also supposed to be getting rain and storm,.  Perhaps I'll do something online.

Summary:
one heA
five syns
1052 calories.

Ooops, not enough.  Maybe I will boil a couple of eggs to have through the day.  It was one of my reader's suggestions for upping the calories and one did the trick nicely after swimming on Tuesday.
It's odd - it looks a good, healthy day's eating to me, it even includes a snack, and yet the calories are too low.  Mind you - only one heA and no heB.   I just don't want them today!

I'm going to have to have breakfast a bit earlier as I'm due at a friends at eleven.  Once in a while won't hurt.

2 comments:

  1. The breakfast buns look good....I haven't made the banana ones yet. I love trout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd ever had it before I accidentally bought some, but I will have it again now.
      xx

      Delete