Tuesday 25 August 2020

Tuesday, 25-08-20

Good morning.

No photo of yesterday's breakfast - it was a yogurt and three allotment apples, all chopped up to get the bad bits out!  A bit of a fuss and not very lovely but so delicious.

Lunch was another portion of the soup and, instead of the planned croutons, I took the lazy way out and just spread some bread with laughing cow light wedges soft cheese for fifty calories and two and a half syns.

I changed dinner too.  I still made the creamy chicken, apple and mushroom thing but in the afternoon I went to harvest at the allotment and came back with quite a haul of goodness.  The runner beans and carrots in the dinner photo were part of it.  The carrot is pink because I was steaming a couple of little beetroots as well and one 'bled'.
The chicken was very tasty, much nicer than it looks,



Today's meal plans:

B:  toffee apple pancakes
A posh name for some wholewheat pancakes with some cinnamon, grated apple and caramel skinny-syrup added.  It might be really nice, fingers crossed
SW:  one healthy extra b for 40g of wholemeal flour (my interpretation) and I'm not synning the grated apple.
310 calories

L:  battered fish and a salad
I had this before after swimming and it was very satisfying so I shall have it again.
SW:  eight and a half syns for the battered fish (a bit ouch but there you go) , one syn for some mayo
300 calories (roughly)

Snack:  three babybels; allotment apples
SW:  one healthy extra A
around 200 calories

D:  steak and fried beef tomatoes, burger sauce; kvarg
I have an accidental beef tomato plant - the label must have been wrong in the garden centre because it was supposed to be a gardener's delight or maybe a sungold.  However, with tomatoes larger than my fist, it most certainly isn't!  I'll mix up the burger sauce (mayo, tomato puree and mustard ketchup), slice up one of the enormous tomatoes and fry them in my biggest pan and fry the steak in another pan  Simple, quick and easy and it should be wonderful!
SW:  one syn for the mayo in the sauce and I'm estimating four for the mustard ketchup.  I'll use spray oil.  Half a syn for the kvarg.
430 calories

Body Magic:  aquarobics

Summary:
one healthy extra A and one B
fifteen syns - I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I have gone right up to my fifteen syns allowance when I've been on plan
1240 calories, more or less.  The amounts are a bit approximate because I don't know exactly the amount of salad, weight of the beef tomato slices, etc.  That's OK, I don't need to know exactly.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you take such a sensible approach to your meal prep, Joy. Some rules are just silly aren't they. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think they are although I expect there's some sort of rationale behind them. I'm not a great believer in suspending common sense unless there's a very strong reason and now I'm counting calories as well, as a reassurance/safety net, I know that whatever the syns/rule bending looks like, the end result is OK.
      xx

      Delete