Saturday 1 August 2020

Sunday, 02-08-20; DTU, the extra day

Morning.
Jennifer, our group consultant, always posts about the awards, shiny stickers, etc, on a Saturday once all her groups are over for the week.
I honestly didn't see this one coming but I was Slimmer of the Week again.  I am sure another lady lost more than I but maybe she gained last week or didn't submit a result.  Anyway - how encouraging is that?

Yesterday's photos:

Cinnamon porridge with a nice dollop of stewed apple, sweetened with stevia.
I really liked this.  It smelled a bit like hot cross buns and was good and filling.


A sort of meatball tagine really; it was very nice and very filling.  I didn't need the cucumber and tomatoes but I wanted them  :-)


I succumbed to a few snacks - two satsumas, a mini babybel light and some chilli chickpeas.
Dinner was the Chinese chicken curry with added baby corn and courgette and, just like last week, it was delicious.
I suppose I could have saved half for anothr day but I didn't!

I was totally stuffed for the rest of the evening.


Today's meal plans:

B:  chocolate porridge with added fruit
The last of the porridge pots.  They have been OK and I've enjoyed the different flavours but it's a most expensive way to have porridge.
263 calories plus fruit

L:  sweet mustard pork with roasted veg (and runner beans)
basically, it's a pork loin chop with carrots and potatoes.  I'll cook the pork as they suggest and christen my new griddle pan at the same time.  I think I will cut the potatoes (there's potato in this evening's meal), make carrot chips in the actifry and I have some green beans and some runner beans.
I've chosen it for lunch today because it sounds like more of a 'Sunday roast'.  The runner beans are from the allotment.  Just seven beans so a small portion but they will be lovely!
419 calories plus the apple sauce and the runner beans

D:  the ultimate burger bowl with wedges plus extra salad
The very last DTU meal - for a while, anyway - and I'm not sorry.  It will be nice to get back to cooking my own things again.
420 calories plus any extra salad

Body Magic:  allotment, walk

Total: 1102 calories but it won't be because I'm changing things about.  I'm not going to bother to work it out, just assuming the potatoes are balanced(and more) by the beans and the fruit.

I've been thinking about the next steps now.

DTU
As I've said, I shall be glad to get back to home made meals again.  The DTU meals were good, especially the kits, but not quite the same and my own home made.  I'll go back into their site in a few weeks' time and order some of their meals - I really liked the protein pizzas, for example, and the crust is something I really can't reproduce at home.  It's made from 'pea protein', whatever that may be, and you just can't get a conventional pizza of that size for those calories.
And you know what - despite what I said about bars for breakfast, the protein bars they sent were, indeed, filling and satisfying.  For a meal on the go (lunch on a jolly, for example), I could do a lot worse.  One with some fruit would be a jolly tasty lunch.
You live and learn!

Calories
The whole calorie counting thing is something I want to continue but to not to report it in such a detailed way in here.  I will give the overall calories values rather than every little detail, I think; easier reading all round.
I'm glad I have subscribed to Weight Loss Resources.  It makes the whole calorie counting thing so much easier and I can get my favourite meals into my recipe bank so I don't have to keep redesigning the wheel.
Once at target, I'll probably go up to a total of 1400 each day, just to start with, and then see how that goes before probably upping it again.  The thing I fear most about all this is losing grip and putting the weight back on again.  It would be oh, so easy..

Slimming World
I'm back to SW ways; it's a good structure and it suits me.  When I'm doing SW (albeit in my own way), I feel that I am eating a healthy and balanced diet.  There will be some relaxing, of course, from time to time, but generally I really like it and want to continue.

Restricted eating
Yes, this will continue as well, with some flexibility to allow for social life.  It's worked better than I expected with DTU, especially once I cut the snacks.

Snacks
On the subject of snacks - most of them were simply not needed but I did rather appreciate the around four thirty snack and I may very well build that it - nothing sugary but things like a babybel mini light and an apple - that sort of snack.  If I plan it and count it, it won't be extra!

No comments:

Post a Comment