Wednesday 19 August 2020

Wednesday, 19-08-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's photos:

 Breakfast - mushroom omelette and fried tomatoes
Lunch was baked battered fish and runner bans, lots of lovely runner beans.


Delicious hunter's chicken for dinner.  I made the tomato sauce by spray frying some of my tomatoes and pushing the pulp through a sieve to get rid of the seeds and skins before adding various other bits and bobs.  It's wasn't so far from the PoN recipe really, although I didn't add any heat this time.
I couldn't resist pulling a few baby carrots to go with the runners.






Today's meal plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
I want a light breakfast this morning as I'll be eating it later and will be off to personal training soon afterwards.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt
250 cals approx

L:  spicy bean and veg soup, flatbread; apple
Another portion of the bean and veg rubble soup that I made on Sunday and, as I have boiled up a gammon joint (part of one, I mean) for lunch with a friend, I shall add some shreds of that to the soup too
SW:  six syns for the flatbread (it isn't a healthy extra B) and I believe everything in the soup is speed, protein or free foods.

366 calories

Snack
I have an avocado that really does need eating up and I will have it with a salsa made from onion, tomato and balsamic vinegar
SW:  14 syns for the avocado - it says on lifeline online, but I don't agree.  WLR tells me that my little avocado is 170 calories (weighed with stone and skin) so I am calling it eight and a half syns, me being a bit of a SW rebel!  And it is just a very little avocado!
200 calories

D:  chickpea curry and protein rice; yogurt or kvarg
From the freezer, one of the meals I had on DTU, I added extra veg, it made absolutely loads and I froze some of it.  I also have a portion of protein rice to use up and I might add some additional veg (runner beans I didn't eat yesterday, for example.  It will be a right conglomeration of bits and bobs!
SW:  one syn for the curry (I wrote it on the container!), one for the protein rice, half for the dessert
approx 400 calories

Body Magic:  personal training

Summary:
seventeen and a half syns (which is daft!)
1216 calories
This is where SW falls flat a bit.  With that many syns, you'd expect the calories to be sky high.
No, there's no healthy extras but that's OK because I have calcium daily and there's plenty of fibre in the meals I am planning.
One sometimes needs to apply a great big dollop of common sense!

2 comments:

  1. Yes you do Joy - luckily you have plenty of that! Your fried tomatoes always look so nice....It's a shame I don't like them! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze.
      I love tomatoes in all their shapes and forms - the only ones I am not so keen on is fried green tomatoes. Dad says they are lovely, me not so much.
      xx

      Delete