Monday 31 August 2020

Monday, 31-08-20

Morning, everyone!

Yesterday's photos:

Not a brilliant photo but you can see what it is - two bacon medallions and rather a lot of tomato.  The tomato was one of the beef tomatoes from the garden, all 300grams-worth, and it was very flavoursome.
There's three or four more huge tomatoes on the plant so I'm looking forward to them ripening and I think, from now on, I'd like to have a beef tomato plant each year.  This one was unplanned and accidental but it was a happy accident!







 Lunch was packed full of flavour.  Definitely one to do again and I think some horseradish would be a delicious addition to the mix too.  A couple of little apples from the allotment finished the meal off very nicely indeed.





Finally, dinner.  The Mexican chicken stew definitely improves with keeping; it was delicious and, to my surprise, the sprouts went with it very well.
I didn't have my babybels snack mid afternoon so I had some grated cheddar on top instead.  Nice!

Obviously, I'm having a lot of tomatoes right now but I'm also having loads of allotment apples, both redloves and coxes.  They need cutting up as very few are totally sound and I'm not taking the risk anyway but they are now developing a lovely. tangy sweetness and I'm so enjoying them.
I can think of worse things to binge on than tomatoes and apples!  :-)
Today's food:
B:  pancakes with fruit and yogurt
The usual recipe plus some skinny syrup and some frozen fruit - thawed, of course.
SW:  one healthy extra B for 40g wholemeal SR flour.  Skinny syrup is free
around 350 calories (288 for the pancakes plus the fruit)


L:  chicken pate, multiseed folded wrap, crudites; apples
 The other half of the chicken pate from yesterday plus some finger food.
SW:  a little bit of a healthy extra A for some laughing cow light cheese in the pate, a healthy extra B (sort of) for the flatbread.
around 360 calories

Snack:  babybels x 3
SW:  one healthy extra A
126 calories

D:  beef curry, protein rice; kvarg or yogurt
The curry itself is frozen leftovers from a Do The Unthinkable meal.  I also have some home made passata that needs using up so I think I will mix the two together, add some veg (broad beans, maybe) and some extra spice and see what happens.  It may not be conventional but it won't be bad!
SW:  one syn for the protein rice and half a syn for the kvarg/yogurt
The curry itself is 200 calories (I wrote it on the container) so, with extra veg and passata, plus the dessert, it will be around 400 calories - maybe less, certainly not more

Body Magic:  a swim

Summary:
one healthy extra A and two Bs
one and a half syns
1236 calories

I'm being less specific about calories now.  It is actually almost impossible to give totally accurate amounts anyway.  A medium apple might be described as having 55 calories but that will depend on the sweetness, the density, how big the core is and other details one has no control over.
Likewise, a recipe might end with something like 337 calories but items include one chicken thigh without weight detail so how can they say it that precisely?  They can't.

So I am looking up values (good old WLR) and doing the maths but usually rounding up or down, knowing that I'll be close and close is the best it can be.
SW is a lot easier!

As far as exercise calories burnt is concerned, I don't count them but if I have an extra piece of fruit afterwards, I don't count that either as the latter will be more than cancelled out by the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment