Tuesday 21 July 2020

Tuesday, 21-07-20: DTU day two

Good morning.
Things are good and I am seriously pondering on putting in another order to come next Monday after the weekend at Dad's.


Yesterday's meals

This was one of those add water, stir and leave things and I added some chopped up strawberries too.  After five minutes I popped it in the microwave for thirty seconds because it had gone a bit cool.
 It was fine.  Nothing outstanding but perfectly acceptable and very filling.


The oriental chicken pad Thai didn't look great and I had my doubts as the last pad Thai I had wasn't very nice.  However, it was a lot nicer than it looked and the chicken was flavoursome and tender.  A filling lunch.




Dinner was chicken fajita with a nice, crunchy salad (allowed on this plan).
It was really nice and spicy, the rice wasn't hard (something you can get in ready meals and which I very mush dislike) and there was loads of chicken.
(The salad was pretty good too, though I say it myself!)
Another fill-me-upper.


And here are the infamous snacks.
The protein bar was very solid, like nougat in texture but less chewy, and I decided to have just half of the bar and save the rest for today.  It was lovely and sweet.
The chicken on a stick was a bit disappointing as I had read such good reviews of it.  It was fine, very tender but I wouldn't call it spicy in any way, shape or form.
The beetroot chips were delicious - I love vegetable chips anyway.


Today's meal choices are . . .

B:  sausage , bean and potato pot which I remembered to get out of the freezer yesterday evening

L:  chicken chow mein with noodles (ditto re the freezer)

D:  meaty pizza with salad

Snacks:  the other half of the protein bar, bbq zippers and salt and vinegar bakes



6 comments:

  1. If it helps you Joy, then go for it I'd say. It might be especially helpful after your weekend at Dad's. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That did occur to me, Sooze. I know how things can be at Dad's. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. You sound positive about it, so if it helps you then go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Cherie. I'm really enjoying it.
      xx

      Delete