Tuesday 14 July 2020

Tuesday, 14-07-20

Good morning

Yesterday's photos:

Overnight oats are so filling.  Lovely!

After Sunday's experience, I was a little apprehensive about lunch yesterday but the roasted spiced cauliflower was absolutely delicious and I must find a recipe so I can make it myself.





The meatballs, etc, worked out really well and I enjoyed this dinner.

I was delighted to find this rectangular plate in Matalan yesterday.  I've been looking for a sensibly sized one for ages.






Today's plans:
B:  sausage and egg muffin, fried tomatoes
I might be very bad and indulge in some cheese and some bbq sauce as well!  How very decadent!

a skinny sausage = 74 cals
muffin - 158 cals
egg = 78 cals
two slices of synthetic cheese = 106 cals
one tbsp crucials bbq sauce = 14 cals
100g tomatoes = 18 cals
total = 448 cals
SW: heA (? as I'm not sure the slices count an a heA), one heB, half a syn for the sausage and half a syn for the bbq sauce


L:  chicken and veggie tikka masala; piece of fruit 
Another of the ready meals and fingers crossed.  It looks quite nice but how can you tell apart from tasting?  I'll let you know.

the ready meal = 303 cals
fruit = 55 cals, approx
total = 358 cals
SW:  I can't find the syn value of this ready meal anywhere, sadly!

D:  fish in batter, a nice, big salad; yogurt
I do love these fish in batter portions (oven baked).  You get such a satisfying crunch and it's definitely worth the syns!

the fish - 225 cals
salad = 50 cals approx
lemon and thyme salad dressing* - 23 cals
yogurt = 80 cals, approx
total = 378 cals
SW:  nine and a half syns for the fish, one syn fir the dressing and half a syn for the yogurt

S:   none

Body Magic:  probably allotment work

Summary:
one heA and one heB
no idea about the syns because of the lunch ready meal which doesn't appear on the food search in Lifeline Online
1186 calories - perfick!

* After hunting around, and failing miserably, to find an acceptable low fat/low oil/low calorie salad dressing, I've discovered that some of the 'full fat' versions, especially the up market ones, aren't that bad and, in measured amounts, work fine in a SW/calorie controlled plan.
The ones I've tried so far are the raspberry vinaigrette and a pomegranate and ras el hanout dressing, both in the Sainsbury's Finest range and which I love and the Morrisons best balsamic dressing isn't bad either.
I haven't tried the lemon and thyme one yet; it's from Aldi
You can't sloosh it all over - well, you could but I wouldn't advise it - but in a measured amount, using a measuring spoon, they are great.
No more low fat gloop for me and thank you, Sooze, for your advice re. this a while ago.



9 comments:

  1. The spiced cauliflower sounds gorgeous but the thought of synthetic cheese makes me go bleurgh. I think of that plastic stuff you find in children's play kitchens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I know what you mean but I quite like it on burger-y type things. No-where else though!
      Yes, the cauliflower was really tasty.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love roast cauliflower, so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I have got to find a recipe - I bet there's loads out there.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I had overnight oats with cherry yogurt and flaked almonds this morning, lovely. I'm glad the 2nd ready meal was nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - and relieved. Your breakfast sounds fantastic.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I try very hard to have lots of variety; I think too much the same would trigger a tasting frenzy! This way it keeps the old taste buds satisfied and I'm not tempted nearly so much.
    Thanks for the comment about the allotment. It gives me great satisfaction. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually make my own dressing as I find I can't use a whole bottle of the prepared stuff before its expiry date. It's usually EV oil, a dab of mustard, lemon juice and/or balsamic vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I've decided to forget about the gloop, I may very well do that, varying the vinegars for different flavours. It's getting the proportions right really.
      xx

      Delete