Saturday 5 September 2020

Saturday, 05-09-20

Morning!


This is the carrot cake I made for brunch yesterday.  The recipe made, for me, one little loaf tin sizes cake and one bun.
Made with two eggs instead of one egg and some yogurt didn't make a phenomenal difference in calories but made a more solid, loafy texture, rather like a tea loaf, which was really nice.  I found raisins so used them and I used some gingerbread skinny syrup for flavour.  I think next time I will also add some stevia, just a little bit.
The 'topping' was quark with a bit more syrup - I tried one mini slice with a titchy bit of butter and it was great.  I think kvarg or a really thick Greek yogurt would make a nicer topping.

It was very filling and I'm going to experiment with different flavours, like I'm doing with the other recipe.  With just a little tweaking, it should make a really nice addition to a buffet or an afternoon tea type meal or even a lunch with just a bit of fruit afterwards.

However, I don't think it would be suitable for pancakes or waffles - just not the right consistency.

A link to a You Tube clip with the recipe is on yesterday's post.

Today's meals:
I'm not totally sure but this is what I think . . .

B:  fruit and yogurt or kvarg

L:  maybe a salad, maybe something like beans on toast.

D:  I brought some JD Seasoning meatball spice mix with me so I will make up some meatballs with mince, a few breadcrumbs, a bit or onion and the mix.  I'll use some of Dad's tomatoes to make a nice tomatoey sauce and we'll have it with rice (probably) and some courgettes from the allotment.
Then, sadly, I'm making an apple crumble with apples picked from Dad's neighbour's tree yesterday.  It can't be helped and I will just have to force it down to be sociable!  :-)

I'm not even starting to think about the calories or syns!


4 comments:

  1. I keep reading recipes for crumbles at the moment. My mouth is watering at the thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious. Dad did have some blackberries in the freezer so I added some and I also added some oats and some chopped walnuts to the standard topping.
      Yum!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks Joy, I shall look at that carrot cake recipe clip when I've got time later. Enjoy the crumble! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, it was delicious, thanks, Sooze.
      xx

      Delete