Tuesday 22 September 2020

Tuesday, 22-09-20 - Eat From The Freezer day two

 Morning.
That title makes the week look as if it's something special - it really isn't, it's just that I have to free up some freezer space and it will remind me to plan in as much freezer food as I can.

Yesterday's photos:

This was gorgeous (as it almost always is)  I used unicorn skinny syrup for the pancakes (a citrus flavour) and treated myself to a tbsp of agave nectar (two syns) as a treat.  I'm glad I did!


The tuna salad wrap went down a real treat!  Simply a can of tuna, 30g super light mayo and some lettuce, spread over the wrap which was then rolled up, wrapped and chilled until lunch time.
One could put all sorts of bits and bobs in it - I chose to have it simple.
And dinner, while I wouldn't call it a sweet and sour in the traditional sense, is something I will make again for sure; it was very tasty indeed.  I added some courgettes slices and found some cooked basmati rice in the freezer - two pots, in fact, so the other will do today with the chilli.
The recipe was adapted so no skewers!

Today's meal plans:
B:  bacon and egg muffin with tomatoes on the side
I noticed, while rootling in the freezer for the thins last week, that I had a couple of wholemeal muffins from goodness knows when so they need using up.  As for the tomatoes - well, I stopped off at the allotment on the way home yesterday and picked loads and then I picked a big bowlful when I got home from the garden.  The more I use fresh, the less I will need to freeze.  Yes, I want to freeze some, but it's space!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the muffin and I might have a tbsp Crucials barbecue sauce for half a syn

L:  pizza topped chicken, lots more tomatoes on the side; apples
If you have access to Lifeline Online (the SW site), here is the recipe.  Basically it is hunter's chicken under a different name and the sauce is not so spicy.  It's one of those where I can get everything ready in advance and pop it in t'oven half an hour before needed.
SW:  one heathy extra A

D:  chilli con carne, basmati rice, green beans; kvarg or yogurt
I made the chilli last week and froze four portions, taking the rest over to Dad's.  The rice is also from the freezer and the green beans are what the allotment is so generously providing in abundance at the moment.
SW:  one syn for the chilli and half for the dessert.

Body Magic:  it's Tuesday so it has to be aquarobics!

Summary:
one healthy extra A and one B
three syns
I'm not worrying about calories just now.  Not everything in the freezer has calories values written on the container but they do pretty much have SW values.  I can't remember how I made much of what's in there now so it's just SW during Eat From The Freezer week.


2 comments:

  1. Joy, you've set me off thinking this morning. I too want to eat from the freezer for at least a fortnight so I can defrost it ready for a big cooking session. I will take a look and plan my meals around what I have in. Mostly fish and veggies.

    ReplyDelete