Sunday 27 September 2020

Sunday, 27-09-20 - Eat From The Freezer day seven

Morning
In SW circles, there was quite a flutter of excitement when it was discovered that Tesco had brought out an 800g (bigger slices) wholemeal loaf where you could have two slices for one healthy extra B.  Nevell's. it's called, and I think I mentioned it a few weeks ago.  Great for toasties, sandwiches, etc, as the 400g loaf slices are just a bit too small.

I'm delighted to say that now Aldi and Morrisons also have a similar sized wholemeal loaf that SW has designated a healthy extra B for two slices.  Very handy for me with Morrisons more or less just around the corner.
Just thought I'd share that.

Yesterday's photos:

Breakfast bake:  very tasty and very filling!
Good, old fashioned cheesy beans on toast.  It looks like loads of cheese but it's just 30g, very finely grated.  


I went for more veg with the lamb shank.  It was very nice.


A bit of a browny orange day yesterday but all very satisfying.


Today's meal plans:

B:  pancakes or waffles, fruit
The usual although I might add a caramel style skinny syrup rather than a fruity one.  It depends on the mood when I mix up the batter!  The fruit will be from the freezer - I nearly bought some fresh raspberries the other day and then thought 'No, don't be stupid, you have loads in the freezer'.  See, I really am trying!
SW:  one healthy extra B.  The syrups are zero calories (or so it says) so I don't syn them at all, whatever SW says!

L:  corned beef hash, spray fried tomatoes, broccoli; fruit
There are as many recipes for this as there are people who make it, I suspect.  The way Mum made it when we were little was to use left over mashed potato and fry it up with some onion and some corned beef until the edges were crispy and crunchy and serve it with peas and ketchup or brown sauce.  A real family favourite.
I might do the same or I might make patties instead.  I'll use the 'lean' corned beef which is lower in fat.  It's not frugal; a small tin is expensive for what you get but it is just three syns, a price I am happy to pay.  Either way, it will be chopped onion, mash and corned beef with spray oil.  Plus the tomatoes and some broccoli left from yesterday
SW:  three syns for the corned beef

D:  M&S pizza slices, salad; yogurt or kvarg
I bought a box of mixed pizza slices from M&S several weeks ago, had three and froze the other three.  I can't discover the syns (it's bound to be high) but three slices is just under 400 calories, which works in my book so, with a simple salad, they will make a very acceptable meal.
SW:  I really can't say for the pizza, if I have mayo on the salad it will be one syn and the dessert will be half a syn

Body Magic:  I have a swim booked for nine today

Summary:
one healthy extra B and the cheese on the pizza slices will account for at least one A
no idea about the syns - I probably wouldn't want to know anyway but knowing about the calories means that I am confident that it will be OK.

4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. I haven't had corned beef hash for years, now I fancy it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I'm really looking forward to lunch now.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Bread is my failing, I cant stop at one or two slices. So I avoid altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can handle the cheaper sliced stuff, it's the really good, crusty loaves that are my downfall so, as you say, I don't get it!
      xx

      Delete