Thursday 3 September 2020

Thursday, 03-09-20

Good morning.
SW meeting and weigh in this evening.  I miss the super-convenience of the Tuesday morning meeting but Thursday late afternoon works fine too.  I just have dinner a little bit later on Thursday's now, and make sure I have something easily put together or pre-prepped.

Yesterday's photos.

The pineapple breakfast buns were really tasty and I thoroughly enjoyed them.
I'm still working on the actual recipe - I think perhaps I added a tad too much liquid to the flour, egg and yogurt mixture.  Fine for pancakes, a little too loose for cake batter.
All the same, very, very tasty


Yummy home made bean and veg soup for lunch.  This was an older one, before calorie counting became the thing, so I was wise to add more calories to the count, I think.


When I looked for the battered fish, I remembered I had finished it off but managed to find some fish fingers.  Lord only knows how old they are but they've been frozen so should be safe.  I dug out the calorie equivalent amount, more or less, and then another one for luck and you know what - they were delicious.  I'd forgotten how much I like fish fingers.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
Another busy morning so something I can just grab.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt
around 200 calories

L:  bean and veg soup, apples
. . . because it feels cold enough for soup and I have some in the freezer.  The apples are getting sweeter and sweeter - I shall be sorry when they've all gone.  The trees are only little ones and the apples generally not sound enough to wrap and see if they keep.
SW:  should be free
250 calories

No snack, not just before weigh in!

D:  Not totally sure but it's just after weigh in so I may go a bit more lavish - perhaps a burger AND chips!  Oooooh.  Then some kvarg or a yogurt
SW:  one heA (some sliced cheese) and one B (a roll), the burger is free, one syn for some bbq sauce and one syn for some mayotwo for one tsp oil to actifry the chips and half for the yogurt or kvarg
Very roughly, 600 calories

Body Magic:  an early morning swim and then a walk around town

Summary:
one healthy extra A and one B
five syns
around 1150 calories plus extra fruit, if wanted.



2 comments:

  1. Fish fingers are one of those super quick, easy and utterly delicious things aren't they. They are lovely in sandwiches with a bit of lettuce and tomato. I've been adding lentils to a lot of the meals I cook and we haven't even craved a small snack as the extra protein is filling us up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely. I've decided to make them part of my 'repertoire' now. As you say, they make a great salad sandwich and I love them in salad wraps too.
      I almost always add lentils to mince and to the soups I make. It's great that they are helping you to cut out extra snacks! xx

      Delete