Friday 11 September 2020

Friday, 11-09-20

 Morning!

Some of you might remember that when lockdown began, I used the time to make myself some longer tops with some of my stash of fabric.  When I made them, they were just a very little too snug for total comfort but they were OK.  I put one on for weigh in yesterday and I'm going to have to take in the side seams.  How's that for a non-scale victory!  
So I didn't really care what bad news those scales gave me.

So I really felt I had dodged a bullet when I found I was one pound down.  How on earth did that happen, eh?

Maybe I wasn't 'bunged up'
Maybe I hadn't eaten much through the day (although that was simply because I wasn't hungry)
Maybe the exercise through the week cancelled out any over-eating (or drinking)
Or maybe it was sheer dumb luck!
Who knows?  Who cares?

One pound below target!

Yesterday's meals.


Just one photo because the day ended up rather muddled and I didn't really have what I'd planned to have until the evening.  Luckily, it wasn't a hungry day at all.  Weigh days usually are (all in the mind, I am sure) so that was a bonus.

It's cheesy chicken and bacon pasta bake.


Today's meal plans:
It's rather hard to give calories today for various reasons so please excuse the lack.  However, I've had this sort of day's eating before and I know it's not too calorific.

B:  fruity pancakes with extra fruit and yogurt
The usual recipe with some skinny syrup flavouring.
(Sooze, T K Maxx also stocks skinny syrup, I have been told)
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a syn for the yogurt

L:  home made tomato and red pepper soup, bread for dunking; fruit
Yesterday, I threw some onion, some roasted red pepper from a jar, a few very baby carrots, quite a lot of tomatoes and various seasonings into Thermione, cooked it all, zizzed it and pushed it through a sieve.  Couldn't have been easier and so very delicious.  There will be some left for the freezer too.
SW:  another healthy extra B for the bread; the soup is free with loads of speed veg in it

D:  steak, chips and something; kvarg or yogurt
 The 'something' will most likely be fried or roasted tomatoes as they just keep coming and coming and coming . . . (no complaints from me)
SW:  two syns for some oil for the chips and two syns for the burger sauce I so like, two syns for some mayo for dunking and half a syn for dessert.

Body Magic:  rest day today and needed; I'm aching after yesterday's swimming.

Summary:
two healthy extra Bs
seven syns


8 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, congratulations on both the scale and non-scale victories! There is a TK Maxx in Taunton, the nearest big town, however we hardly ever go to Taunton as it's just too big and busy, I can't even remember the last time we went. Anyway, I've decided that as I've lived without skinny syrup all this time, I probably don't need it! Enjoy your rest day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed over the last bit! Quite right too. It's hardly one of life's necessities!
      And thank you!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good morning Joy. Well done, so happy for you. I dropped out in early July and my poor consultant was ill with a chronic condition flare up tipped over by all the changes they were having to keep up with and implement. She's having 6 months off now. So other consultants kept the group going, they gave up because they weren't earning enough. A new one has taken over, her Facebook group posts look good and my tummy is not looking so good! So despite being wary of attending an actual group I contacted her yesterday and booked a session for next Tuesday evening. Not quite on it as I write but I will buy a 6 week CD and hope the determination kicks back in. Off to strim round the new allotment paths and shovel a couple more barrows of cow poo, that should help. Have a great week Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fresh start can be a very positive thing and you sound determined. Good for you.
      (and good luck with the cow poo as well)
      xx

      Delete
  3. We didn't get any allotment tomatoes this year :(
    Plenty of courgettes though (but only yellow ones)!
    Skinny syrup sounds interesting - where else other than TK Maxx stocks it if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you plant any or were they not a priority this year? We only ever plant yellow courgettes; we think they are much nicer.
      Home Sense also has skinny syrup. I think B&M does too. You can buy it online through Amazon but it's really expensive done that way. The kind I like is the Jordan's syrups.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks. We planted loads but they didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete