Wednesday 16 September 2020

Wednesday, 16-09-20

 Morning!
Yesterday's food photos:

I had planned for a cooked breakfast but when it came to it, I really didn't want it, still feeling the effects of the evening before.  I went for a pot of kvarg instead.  So no photo.

It was one of those days - when I looked in the freezer for a wholemeal thin, do you think I could find one anywhere?  Nope.  So I went for a multiseed flatbread instead.  The 'salad' part is roasted red pepper, thinly sliced onion, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar with some of the not-feta. 
It was OK, quite as nice as these wrap/pitta pizza usually are but nothing particularly special.
 






Dinner was the 'ready' katsu turkey steak thing which I had with some green beans from the allotment.
It was OK.  Again, nothing special.  The turkey steaks would be easy to make and, if I could find a recipe for the curry sauce, it would be easy to make, I am sure.


Today's plans:

B:  bacon and egg sarnie with tomatoes
Nice and simple, using two slices of wholemeal that I will spray fry for more crunch
SW:  one healthy extra B
around 325 calories

L:  Caribbean chicken meatballs with salad
The basis of this is a muscle foods recipe for Moroccan turkey meatballs   Basically it is turkey mince with chilli, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, onion and orange zest.  However, I had chicken mince in the freezer and a Caribbean spice mix in the cupboard (Sainsbury's) so rather than make the original, I have adapted it and also added some grated courgette to the mix.
The recipe also includes couscous bit I'm going to skip that and have a nice choppy salad instead.  The protein should make it nice a filling and the salad will be a satisfying crunch.  Lovely!
I made them yesterday because I like to give the spices time to develop and mature.  Quite nice, I thought, rather curry-ish, and I like the spice mix flavour.
I might warm them up or I might just have them cold.
SW:  I scanned the spice mix but it's not on the SW database.  I've looked at the contents and there's nothing in there to syn so I'm counting it as free.  One syn for some mayo on the salad
After entering everything on WLR, the whole meal, including apples, will come to around 450 calories

D:  triangle carbonara; fruit salad
I found this recipe on a YouTube channel called Eat Skinny Live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XaFvD8Iyeg
There's some very useful recipe clips that I want to try and this is one of them, slightly adapted, of course.
Now, carbonara is a very high calorie dish and, even adapted - 'optimised, as SW calls it - it's not low but I fancy trying it to see.  I will use some protein noodles instead of pasta which will change the texture rather - we will see.
SW:  one healthy extra A of hard Italian cheese (instead of Parmesan) and maybe two cheese triangles for another half A.  The rest of the ingredients look to be free.
The carbonara is around 410 calories, I may have a green veg which will be around 30 calories and I'm allowing 100 calories for some fruit.  A total of 540 calories

Body Magic:  an hour of personal training

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As and one B
one syn
1315 calories


2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of those meatballs, definitely one for me to try. I was doing really well but have slipped back a bit. Not a problem as I am back on it and won't let it worry me. No point in stressing over a couple of pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I know from personal experience that stress is counter productive although how to not stress has evaded me thus far!
      xx

      Delete