Tuesday 15 September 2020

Recipe: tropical smoothie

 

Slimming World doesn't seem to 'approve' of smoothies and I can see that it would be very easy to pile in high ingredient bits and bobs and inadvertently eat a shed load of calories in the name of 'healthy'.


However, this was nice (the recipe below makes two of these glassfuls), it was satisfying and it kept me filled until lunch.

This is what I did but it can be adapted to whatever you fancy really.



Ingredients for one portion:
40g each of frozen pineapple, mango and raspberries
one de-stoned plum
10g porridge oats
100g 0% fat Greek yogurt
150 mls of semi skimmed milk
one tbsp Mermaid (tropical citrus flavour) Skinny Syrup

Method:
Throw all the ingredients into whatever machine you use to blend with.  Zizz it around until it's the texture you want.  Add a splash of water if needed (or something like diet lemonade would be nice).

Serve in a nice big glass and consume while it's still chilly from the frozen fruit.


The figures:
245 calories
just over half a heA for the milk, two syns or a quarter of a B for the oats (or double the oats and call it half - just remember the calories go up)

Just remember that a strict and well behaved SW-er will syn any blended fruit.  I don't - I think it's silly and unnecessary but that's just my opinion.  You do what you think best and enjoy it with a clear conscience.








2 comments:

  1. Weight watchers are the same disapproving of smoothies. Yes it is easy to load it full of calories. But it's being sensible about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think too; a recipe is as good (or not) as the ingredients and they should be measured.
      It just strikes me as odd that you have to syn fruit just because you've blended it but can have unlimited amounts of white carbs such as rice, pasta, etc. I know which I think does more 'harm' to a weight loss programme. :-)
      xx

      Delete