Tuesday 29 September 2020

Tuesday, 29-09-20 - Eat From The Freezer day eight

 Good morning!
Another NSV yesterday.  I was in town and bought a few things size ten!!  It still feels slightly 'wrong', if you know what I mean.  Naughty but nice!

Yesterday's photos:

Perfect post retail therapy breakfast and much more economical than Debenhams or M&S, not to mention nicer and more SW friendly!!

Yes, I was tempted but didn't fall.

A very simple lunch of scrambled egg on toast.  I had the other half slice of bread for breakfast; it's under the egg!

You can hardly see them but there's six meatballs in that bowl, plus a rich tomato and veg sauce. 
The red Leicester cheese makes it look nuked - I got it instead of cheddar because it is supposed to be a good melting cheese, which it is.

I used a whole pack of <5% mince to make a batch of meatballs and have several more portions now bagged and in the freezer.
I zizzed a couple of small onions and some small allotment courgettes in Thermione, then added the mince, some garlic granules, quite a lot of ras el hanout spice to make them vaguely Moroccan and seven syns-worth of breadcrumbs and gave it all a good mix on reverse (so it used the flat of the blades, not the knife side). 
It didn't take long to shape it all into meatballs - I used six and froze the rest.  OK, so it's more in the freezer but it's closed to the point of using than a big pack of mince and, actually, those meatballs were really rather delicious!

Today's food plans:

B:  bacon and egg muffin
, tomatoes on the side
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholewheat muffin and half an A for some spready cheese on the muffin

L:  tomato and either red pepper or sweet potato soup; fruit
I will make the soup from a batch of tomatoes that are being Thermionated into passata as I type and have ingredients for both so decisions, decisions!
SW:  all free

D:  Jen's sticky chicken, protein noodles or rice, green beans; yogurt or kvarg
This is a recipe our SW group leader posted the other day.  It's soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic.  You marinate some chicken chunks and then spray fry it all until the sauce has thickened.  To it, I will add some roasted red pepper and some mushrooms, just because!
SW:  honey is three syns per tbsp, agave nectar is one and a half, so I may very well have a half and half mix.  The protein rice/noodles will be one syn.  I'm pretty sure the rest is free.  Half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  Tuesday is aquarobics day - yay!

Summary:
half a healthy extra A and one B
up to six syns

2 comments:

  1. i'm back on the SW wagon so will be trawling your blog for food ideas!
    I think I may have scrambled egg for lunch..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed mine yesterday. I use one triangle of light cheese to spread on the toast. It's nice.
      Good luck with your renewed journey!
      xx

      Delete