Wednesday 23 September 2020

Wednesday, 23-09-20 - Eat From The Freezer day three

 Good morning.
It's early days, I know, but already there are a few satisfying gaps in the chest freezer.  There's a way to go but it's a good start!
Over the weekend, I need to brave to icy depths and rootle right down to the bottom to see what emerges!  I have totally forgotten what's down there - shocking!

Yesterday's meal photos:

The egg and bacon muffin for breakfast set me up for swimming very nicely!
Lunch was pizza topped chicken - delicious!
I decided not to have any rice with the chilli; it was lovely with beans instead.

I will need to go down and pick some more today - there will be plenty ready.


Today's meal plans:

B:  mushroom omelette, spray fried tomatoes on the side
. . . using my trusty omelette maker!  I might add 15g not-Parmesan for extra flavour.  The one meal today that has nothing from the freezer, ooops!
SW:  half a healthy extra A


L:  BLT sandwich or roll, side salad; apples
Got to love a BLT!  I'll probably spread the bread with some Primula light before making the sandwich up.  The bread is from the freezer - when I buy loaves, I separate them into two slice portions before freezing.  
SW:  one healthy extra B, half an A and a couple of syns for some super light mayo


D:  some sort of curry, chickpea dahl, green beans; yogurt or kvarg
I have several portions of curry in the freezer so I'll probably play lucky dip and see what comes up.  The dahl is canned and there will likely be some left over but never mind.  The green beans just go on and on and are so delicious.  No complaints here and, of course, they're very frugal, especially when you consider what they change in M&S or Waitrose for 'fine beans'!
SW:  the curry is probably free, the dhal definitely is and the beans too.  Half a syn for the dessert!

Body Magic:  Wednesday is personal training day!  Looking forward to it.

Summary:
one healthy extra A and one B - perfect!
two and a half syns, possibly a bit more, depending on which curry I use.


2 comments:

  1. I filled my freezer today but by the end of next month need to make a spare shelf for Christmas. Now that I'm freezing bread and milk, it will be harder than usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they take up a lot of space, don't they? They're what is recommended when you don't have much in but want it to run economically!
      I'm well stocked with strong flour and yeast so, if there's any shortages, I can make my own.
      xx

      Delete