Wednesday 9 September 2020

Wednesday, 09-09-20

 Good morning.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was nice - bacon and egg on a slice of spray fried bread.  Tasty and just right after two hours down the allotment.



Lunch was just beans on toast with some not-feta crumbled over, followed by a couple of fresh picked apples which were just delicious.

Dinner changed slightly because of what I came back from the allotment with.
I had a third of the cashew and cranberry nut roast which was really tasty.  It's sitting on a beg of courgetti and the sauce is passata made with garden tomatoes and I added soy sauce, Henderson's relish, onion and garlic granules, Cajun spice and some tomato puree plus salt and pepper.  The carrots are the last from the allotment and the dwarf French beans are the first with loads soon to come.
And it was all gorgeous!


Today's plans are:

B:  beans on toast
The other half of the beans I opened yesterday with one slice of toast
SW:  half a healthy extra B
around 260 calories

L:  instant leek and potato soup, bread to dip; apples
I got the instant soup in Fairhaven, the wholefood shop near Dad's in hopes that it might taste better than the usual run of the mill stuff.
SW:  the other half heB and I can't find info for the soup.  However, looking at the info on the pack, it all looks pretty harmless but I will call it three syns
around 300 calories

D:  turkey burgers, chunky tomato sauce, cheesy leeks; yogurt
I made the turkey burgers a while ago and, as I remember, they were pretty good, albeit a bit bland, hence the tomato sauce which I will make with fresh tomatoes, red peppers from a jar and mushrooms plus something spicy.  I'll use my healthy extras for the sauce on the leeks - I'll start with a bit of milk and make it up to one healthy extra A with some laughing cow light triangles blended in and with the over As-worth in grated cheddar sprinkled over the top.  The leeks are from Dad's garden.
I'm going to the allotment again but I doubt I will come back with much in the way of other veg; I think the dwarf beans need a few days before the next picking is ready.
SW:  the turkey burgers are half a syn each, the sauce will use both my healthy extra As and the yogurt is half a syn.  I'm pretty sure the rest is free.
I have absolutely no idea of the calories for the burgers so I will give them an arbitrary 200 calories.  Thinking roughly through the rest, dinner will come to around 600 calories

Body Magic:  an hour's personal training and allotment work

Summary:
two healthy extra As and one B (perfick!)
around 1150 calories (got to 'pay back' the weekend somehow and it's a good day's eating, no skimping!)





4 comments:

  1. It's a very good day's eating for those calories! Shows just how well we can eat with a good bit of thought and prep. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too - not a lot of carb content so I might have to have a cheesy day soon. lol
      xx

      Delete
  2. That's a good example of nice food without overdoing the calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. Calories, like SW values, don't tell the whole story, do they?

      Delete