Wednesday 2 September 2020

Wednesday, 02-09-20

Good morning.
I only managed to take one photo yesterday, that of dinner.

Leftover hunter's chicken with courgetti and broccoli and very nice it was too.  After being cooked, frozen, thawed and reheated, the chicken was so very tender.











Today's food plans: (and a reminder that calorie values are approximate)

B:  some sort of breakfast buns
I really quite fancy some with a citrussy-pineapple-y sort of flavour and  have some pineapple pieces in the freezer.  I can use some of the pineapple, chopped, in the buns and the rest on top with some natural yogurt
I also have a recipe for carrot cake flavoured buns which I must try at some point.  It has all the spices I love - ginger, mixed spice and cinnamon and I reckon it would be lovely with dried cranberries instead of carrot!  Maybe that's my Christmas breakfast sorted!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal flour
400 calories

L:  bean and veg soup; apples
I have no idea of the calories because it was made and frozen before I started counting them but I will over-estimate, just to be on the safe side.
SW:  free
250 calories

Snack:  three babybel lights
SW:  one healthy extra A
126 calories

D:  battered fish, broccoli and roasted tomatoes; kvarg
The last of the battered fish in the freezer but I will get some more - it's a jolly useful thing to have.
SW:  eight and a half syns for the fish, two syns for some superlight mayo
390 calories

Body Magic:  personal training

Summary:
one healthy extra A and one B
ten and a half syns
1136 calories - hmm _ at the moment it all looks enough but maybe I will have some grated cheese with the soup.  I'm not going for the usual 'snacky' food, I don;t think that's a particularly healthy way to up the calories.

8 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, the Christmas breakfast buns sound scrumptious! We normally have scrambled egg with smoked salmon on Christmas morning, but I might have a change this year! Grated cheese with the soup is what I'd have too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past it's just been normal toast and things because that's what Mum and Dad always wanted and I made Nigella's Christmas muffins for myself and to go with champers at about eleven when everyone else turned up.
      I rather fancy reverting to my own tradition now things are so different, but with these SW friendly ones and I can provide nibbles later on, if needed.
      Scrambled egg and smoked salmon sounds fabulous - with bubbly?
      xx

      Delete
    2. No bubbly, neither of us like it! Xx

      Delete
    3. Oh, good. I'll have your share then! < grin >
      xx

      Delete
  2. You mentioned the C word Joy...It will be on us before we know it. I think I might organise a lovely brunch and then cook Christmas dinner for later in the day just to break with tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - sorry. It is September now though.
      I like your plans. Depending on who comes this year, I may very well do something similar, which will fit nicely with my restricted eating strategy.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love pineapple in buns/ muffins. Years ago a large coffee chain sold a sunrise muffin with pineapple, carrots, other fruits and nuts, it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm - that sounds absolutely gorgeous!
      xx

      Delete