Wednesday 30 September 2020

Wednesday, 30-09-20 - Eat From The Freezer day nine

 Good morning.

I thought it was time to be a Very Brave Girl and show a before and after photo collage.  Please be kind and excuse the mess in the background of the right hand photo as well as the very poor quality!!

The first was taken in October 2017 so pretty much three years ago.  The other was taken yesterday. 
I don't photograph well and hate having my photo taken so this is a big leap of faith for me.

Yesterday's photos:

Yum.  Breakfast was lovely and made up for the rain tipping down the other side of the glass.  :-)

A most colourful lunch!  The soup was tomato and red pepper.
Tomatoes, roasted red pepper (in brine, from a jar), bit of onion, bit of carrot, garlic granules, bit of chicken stock powder and that was that.  Boil it up, zizz it up and push it through a sieve.
Dinner was OK.  It would have been a lot nicer had I not caught the chicken.  Because the marinade had honey in it, the burnt flavour was a bit pervasive.  It was still OK, just not as nice as maybe I should have been.  The beans, picked an hour earlier, were delicious!  :-)


Today's meal plans:
B:  bacon, tomato and cheese toastie
OK, so yesterday I was bad and bought a Lekue microwave grill and I MUST try it out.  I'll need to cook the bacon first but that will take no time at all.  
As far as I can tell, I preheat the grill in the microwave for three minutes and while that is heating I construct the toastie, then put it into the grill and mic rowave it for - er - < checks instructions > - five minutes, it says.  I can but try!
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and one B for the bread

L:  broccoli and stilton soup; fruit
This sounds a lot more lavish than it really is.  Here's the recipe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LOIWlKUWvY
It's a video but the recipe is under the video.
I have a couple of broccoli stalks (no point using the florets that can be used as a vegetable as the stalk is very flavoursome and would otherwise be thrown away) and the 'stilton' part is some Laughing Cow blue cheese triangles which I have in.  I also have thyme in the garden so will use some of that.
I won't want all of it so I will make it up to adding the cheese triangles, blend it down, remove what I don't need (to freeze - oh, dear) and finish off the last bit just before lunch by reheating and adding the cheese
SW:  The triangles will come to about a third of an A so two syns.  The rest appears to be free

D:  fish cake, green beans and broccoli; yogurt or kvarg
This is one of those fishcakes I bought from Morrisons that are, surprisingly, just two syns.  No idea how but I've checked them again and that's right.  Far be it from me to argue and the calories are OK too.
SW:  two syns for the fishcake and I may spend a few more syns on some seafood sauce as well.  Half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  it's an hour of personal training today

Summary:  one healthy extra A, one B and up to seven syns


23 comments:

  1. WOW you look amazing, and younger than before (that might also be the effect of retirement :) ) Congrats again, I know I said it before but honestly - so much to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > I was retired then too! Thanks, Chrissie. I do feel a lot younger.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Joy, you have done so well, amazing difference. I hope you've been nominated for Woman of the year, I'd vote for you. We had ours last night, all three group winners were so deserving of the award and their stories so heart warming, encouraging and my group winner had us all in tears and no one could hug her. Not my story to tell but we might see her in the magazine in the future. Thanks once more for your brilliant blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. I was Woman of the Year for my group last - is it November, which was really nice. I have a photo of that somewhere too.
      I'd love to see your group winner in the magazine - that would be wonderful.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a difference. You look amazing!! Does your life feel completely different now your weight isn't holding you back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I'm still me, of course, with all my quirks and traits but life - yes, it does, it feels very different now.
      Thank you, Eileen. xx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful thing to say, thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Joy, just....wow! You do indeed look amazing and continue to be my inspiration, thank you.

    Those Morrisons extra special fishcakes, the ones without the breadcrumb coating, are absolutely lovely aren't they? When my husband has steak, I have one of those fishcakes instead, as I'm not overfond of steak.

    Well done again, and for being brave! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're lovely too. Very flavoursome!
      And thank you so much. xx

      Delete
  6. You look incredible, you are such an inspiration for people who want to lose weight. Your meals are varied, nutritious and well balanced. You've shown it can be done. Congratulations lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, four years ago I never thought I would do it. I'd given up any hopes, thrown away quite a lot of my smaller sized clothes and had sort of sunk into a feeling of hopelessness about the whole thing.
      Just goes to show, doesn't it? Never say die!
      Thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Just wanted to say congratulations : ) You do look amazing. And also, you are giving hope to a lot of us here too so thank you for posting those photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jo - and I'm so glad that I'm helping others. That means a lot to me.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! I love those outfits on you! The colors of the 2017 picture, and the navy in the 2020 picture, both suit you so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Ruth. I do love blue shades and purple/lilac shades.
      xx

      Delete
  9. What a transformation , the hard work and perseverance have paid off . You have found a way of esting for life rather than being on a diet ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind, thanks, Jane. Yes, I really do think I have, thanks to SWs generally sensible structure. There are always going to be times when I'm 'off the plan' but most of the time I am very happy to carry on just as I am doing. Works for me. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  10. Wow you look amazing. You look healthy and happy too. Well done you. You inspire me to pick myself up and try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. Please do, it really is worth it in the end. Yes, I feel both healthy and happy - it's made a huge difference.
      xx

      Delete
  11. Oh Joy, you look absolutely fantastic. What an inspiration you are. Don't be shy about having your photo taken....be fabulously, fabulously PROUD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw . . . < blush > Thanks, Eloise. You (and others) have seen me through everything and kept me going when I was down. Thank you all.
      xx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you. Everyone's been so nice about my before and after photos - you're all so kind.
      xx

      Delete