Thursday 1 October 2020

Thursday, 01-10-20 - Eating From The Freezer day ten

 Good morning.
Thank you for all your lovely comments yesterday; they did my confidence the world of good, they really did.  You've been so encouraging and helpful as I've staggered up this weight-loss road and it has made such a big difference.  Thank you again.

Yesterday's photos:
Well, I have to say the breakfast toastie made in my new gadget was absolutely gorgeous.  First try definitely a success.

The first photo is the constructed sandwich placed on the preheated grill, the second is how it came out of the microwave after five minutes and the third was what I ate.  Ooooh, it really was tasty!  Bacon, tomato, mushroom and cheese.
(apologies for the background - I forgot to change it to white before saving)


Lunchtime broccoli and stilton soup was really, really nice.  I wasn't sure how effective the Laughing Cow blue light triangles would be but they did work fine.  Real stilton would be better but these were a good substitute.
I have one portion for the freezer - I think the portions in the original recipe must have been really small.

Here's the link again.
I used two stalks instead of the broccoli head.  It makes no difference!

A fairly simple dinner but I enjoyed it very much.  There's not a lot of fish in those fishcakes but the bit of cheese in the middle works well.  I had three syns-worth of light seafood sauce with it.


Today's food plans:

B:  yogurt and fruit
The usual weigh in day breakfast, light but filling.  The pears are ripening now so the fruit will probably be a couple of them and a kiwi and the yogurt will be some natural yogurt (I have some that needs to be used up) and some skinny syrup of some kind.
SW:  free

L:  ham salad; fruit
I also have some cooked ham that needs to be used up so I'll have that with salad bits and bobs
SW:  a syn for some superlight mayo

Snack (to be nibbled at group after the weigh in):  three babybel lights
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  steak, chips, some sort of veg, burger sauce; kvarg or yogurt
While rootling in the freezer, I came across some steak (fillet tails) that was frozen goodness knows when so I shall have to be lavish and use some of that up.  Increasingly, this is becoming my post-weigh dinner.  It's quick and easy, the actifry does the chips with no bother and I can prep the veg in advance, it makes a substantial meal after a day's light eating and, most of all, I like it very, very much indeed.
The burger sauce is the one I make myself - a tbsp each of tomato puree, mayo and mustard ketchup.  It's two syns for the kitchup and the rest is free.  It is great with steak or burgers and it's also good for chip dipping.
SW:  two syns for the burger sauce, half a syn for the dessert

Body Magic:  nothing organised.  This week has been light on organised activity but I've been up and down, around and about and, in fact, quite active.  I'm happy with that.

Summary:  one healthy extra A and three and a half syns

3 comments:

  1. When I used the ordinary light ones in a tomato soup, they split but I think that was the acid in the tomatoes. I was very careful now to boil the soup. But in this recipe, it worked really well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a cheesey filled fish cake too. I returned to SW on Monday evening and was not happy with the result until I remembered that we used to weigh without shoes. I also hadn't taken off my jacket as we were asked not to take coats in and I forgot that too. I felt better after I had made the adjustments. Next week will hopefully be less of a shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time back is always going to be a tricky one, I think. Different circumstances do make a huge difference to the outcome. At the moment I am wearing flip flops but at some point I will have to bite the bullet and wear something warmer (and heavier). Not today though.
      Next week will be fine!
      xx

      Delete