Sunday 4 October 2020

Sunday, 04-10-20

 Good morning.

As I won't have many meal photos to show this week, I thought I might make this part a bit more bloggy for a week so, if you don't want to read my rambles, just scroll down to the next bit.  :-)

Yesterday, I felt very much in holiday mood as far as meals were concerned although when I look back, it doesn't look too out of the way.
The best meal was the cauliflower cheese.  I couldn't find any plain flour - Dad may have chucked the remains out as it was likely to be very out of date - so had to use SR.  I wasn't sure but it worked really wall and made a very good sauce.  

To make it, I cooked the cauliflower and made the cheese sauce.  Then, in the bottom of an ovenproof dish I put some left over peas, two sliced mushrooms, brought over from my home, and a slice of ham, chopped.  Onto that went the cauli and then the cheese sauce with grated cheese to top it all.  Half an hour in the oven while I did the other veg and it was perfect.
I must make it more often.

While in Tesco yesterday, I had to get some PJs.  I got them in size 12 to 14 but they are too big; I really should have got 8 to 10.  I won't return them, they are wearable and I needed to wear them overnight anyway, but it got me thinking.
I wonder how long it takes for body image to catch up with any weight loss.  I don't think mine has yet, considering the number of times I first of all pick a size too big.  Part of the problem is that sizes are not consistent, I know, but part is that I still think 'big person'.  That's a lot better than what I used to call myself mind you but we won't go into that; it's a whole different ball game!

Something I need to work on, I guess.

Today's meal plans:  still being at Dad's I can plan!

B:  fruit and a yogurt
SW:  half a syn

L:  cold meat salad; fruit
There's enough salady stuff left over from yesterday to make a nice lunch for us both.
SW:  one syn for some salad dressing of some kind and, probably a healthy extra A and a B (bread and cheese!)

D:  steak, roasties (done the SW way) and veg, probably cauliflower and carrots
This is what Dad has asked me to make and it works well with SW as well as being pretty straightforward.  I'll make a gravy for him and will have either mustard or horseradish sauce with my steak.
SW:  two syns for mustard or horseradish and two for a bit of oil to make the roasties

Body Magic:  none.  I'll make up for the weekend's indolence once I get to Thoresby Hall, I  hope.  

Summary:  one healthy extra A and one B, about five and a half syns.



5 comments:

  1. I love cauliflower cheese and like you had to use SR flour in occasion. Shame about the PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is rather but never mind - the weren't terribly expensive.
      They say there's always something new to learn - I'd never have normally used SR flour for a sauce. Now I know.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Another cauli cheese fan here, I usually put bacon and peas in mine, we're having it tomorrow actually. Your Dad will love your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he will. Next door neighbour came round with some apples off her tree so we're now having apple crumble too. Just right for all this reain.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, I think that must be so. It's a proprioception thing and that must take a long time to modify.
    xx

    ReplyDelete