Tuesday 20 October 2020

Tuesday, 20-10-20

 Good morning!

Yesterday's photos:

The breakfast smoothie was so good.  Very filling too, with the 20g oats that were zizzed in.  Because I used frozen fruit, it was a bit creamy-slushie-like as well.


Lunch was - well, amazing.  It was a Miguel Barclay recipe, found on YouTube and, I think, in his vegan book and wow!
I adapted it a little bit.  I added a bit of savoury nutritional yeast (flakes) to the cauliflower sauce, I spray roasted the cauliflower florets in the oven with some ground cumin sprinkled over and, just before serving, added some chopped mushroom and some shreds of ham to the roasting mix and gave them five minutes more. 
Oh, and the tagliatelle was wholewheat.
One I am DEFINITELY doing again; it was delicious double plus.   Mr Barclay is a clever chap!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsYvt5aaWn8
Dinner was pretty good too.  A fairly typical chicken tikka masala recipe using onion, carrot, celery, pepper and mushroom plus cooked chicken.  Spices, etc, were garlic, root ginger, a tikka spice mix, chilli, chicken stock powder and seasonings.  The liquids were passata, tomato puree and water.
I have a little add-on that, I think, really lifts the flavour and that is to chop the contents of about a tbsp mango chutney really small and add it to the curry right at the end and I like to add some yogurt too.
I didn't use any coconut milk powder, I sort of swapped it for a little bit of oil and the mango chutney.
And the cauliflower rice was just right.


Today's plans:

B:  breakfast toastie
I have leftover ham which I must use so ham, mushroom and some cheese for the melty element.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

L:  tuna jacket potato, salad; fruit platter
I might mix the tuna with a bit of curry spice as well as some mayo to make it a bit 'coronation'.
SW:  two syns for some mayo

D:  cheeseburger pasta bake, broccoli; kvarg or yogurt
This a recipe from the new SW cookery book and it looks nice.  I will adapt, of course (!), and use some cooked mince from the freezer rather than starting from absolute scratch.   Basically, it is just a pasta bake but I will add extra veg and other bits and bobs such as some sliced gherkin.  
SW:  one healthy extra A for 30g grated cheese, half a syn

Body Magic:  I've been quite lazy with my body magic so I think I will look up something on YouTube for today

Summary:  two healthy extra As, one B and half a syn.  Hmmm - maybe I could afford a little bit more cheese or some of my tasty burger sauce.  We will see.


2 comments:

  1. I will have to look up Miguel Barclay, I've not heard of him and I'm always looking to replace a meat meal with a vegetarian option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the One Pound Meal man, no specifically vegetarian, but he has some great ideas for not a lot of money.
      xx

      Delete