Tuesday 13 October 2020

Tuesday, 13-10-20

 Good morning!  Today is a biggie for me - I have my dental implant surgery this afternoon and I'm not looking forward to it one little bit.  Wish me luck.

I now have a confession.  After all my big talk about getting back on track, I messed yesterday up completely.  The day didn't start well - my hairdresser was coming at ten twenty so I decided to have breakfast after she'd finished.  Unfortunately, she was late arriving and by the time she had finished I decided to wait for lunch.  But I have no excuses really.  Come the evening, I just dived in and ate everything in sight - or that's how it felt.  Certainly I was over calories and over syns - well over.
Still - it is what it is and it's time to put on my big girl pants, gird up my loins, etc, etc, etc, and move on!  Practise what I preach!

Yesterday's meal photos - I did remember them at least!

Because I'd missed breakfast, I decided to have extra salad and I'm glad I did because at least I had plenty of veg.
In the end I went with a Wagamama katsu curry recipe, adapted and, appearances to the contrary, it was very, very nice indeed.  It definitely needs some colour, maybe in the form of a side salad or some garnish, but the flavour of the sauce was good.  I won't rabbit on about it here but I will do a separate post at some point.



Just a shame about the rest of the evening.



Today's plans:
(I can't do restricted eating today as it doesn't work with the dentist)

B:  smoked haddock, poached egg, mushrooms and tomatoes.
I'll poach the haddock in seasoned milk, I might spray fry the egg as it's easier.
SW:  I believe this is all protein or speed so SW free.  I won't be ingesting the milk, just cooking in it!

L:  sausage and mushroom lasagne, side salad; fruit
This was what I would have had for dinner but I've swapped them round.  The recipe is in the BBC Easy Cook October magazine, page 41, and is easily adapted to suit SW.  The recipe is online too, here.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-mushroom-lasagne
 I will use Aldi skinny sausages for half a syn each, dried lasagne instead of fresh (just one sheet), which I will soak so I can cut it and reduced fat creme fraiche plus 30 g grated cheddar.
SW:  two and a half syns for 40mls half fat crème fraiche, one syn for two skinny sausages, the mustard is so little it won't count and the cheese is one healthy extra A.  Not bad for a lasagne.

D:  bean and veg soup; yogurt or kvarg
Made earlier and boiled to death - in other words everything will be very soft and easy to eat.  If absolutely necessary, I can blend it all down.  I'll probably add some of the ham trimmings as well for extra flavour.
One good thing - I'll probably not feel like eating very much at all.
SW:  half a syn for the dessert.  The soup should be SW free with lots of speedy veg.

No Body Magic today

Summary:  one healthy extra A (maybe more if I use extra for the lasagne) and four syns


Fingers crossed.



2 comments:

  1. We'll just close the door on yesterday. Good idea to plan for soup later. Good luck for the dental thing, I'll be thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete