Monday 12 October 2020

Monday, 12-10-20

Still eating from the freezer as much as possible.

Good morning.  I'm proper back home now and raring to get back on track.  I did manage to take a few photos in between sorting things out yesterday.

No photos of breakfast but I had the fruit platter (as nice as it has been all week - I'm building this into my regular lists of breakfast), a titchy smoothie (I could make a nicer one) and overnight oats which I was not impressed with at all.  Precious little taste and I ended up adding sugar which is not the idea!  Never mind.

Lunch was gorgeous.  The soup on top of the pile in the freezer turned out to be tomato and red pepper (not sweet potato) and it was quite a small portion so I made a half toastie - one slice of bread, some ham off cuts (from Aldi) and 25g grated cheese and - oh, it tasted good with the soup.




Dinner - hunter's chicken with veg.  I made the chicken by using half of a big chicken breast which I cut in half crossways to make two thick slices.  In a small oven proof dish I placed a little bit of onion, one sliced mushroom, a bit of sliced roasted red pepper and one sliced tomato plus a bit of seasoning and spray oil,  The chicken sat on top of that and it baked in the oven for about 20 mins until the chicken was cooked.  The sauce on top was tomato puree, bbq sauce, garlic puree, super light mayo, some soy sauce and a bit of mustard ketchup, all mixed together.  That went over the chicken (there's a bit left for another day) and it went back on the oven for ten minutes, then I added grated cheese and gave it another ten minutes.
Under it, on the plate, was some cauliflower rice (really nice) and I cooked some broccoli and actifried some 'heritage' carrot chips - black, yellow and orange.
It was absolutely lovely!  So much flavour.  Last week's meals were OK but had nothing like the flavour lunch and dinner had yesterday.
I'm happy!

I decided to go to Aldi instead of Morrisons.  Not exactly just round the corner but the journey back was so quick, I had the time.  I doubt I will need to go shopping again this week; the only thing they didn't have was sprouts but they had those 'heritage' carrots.
I was delighted that there were some ripe tomatoes to greet me.  I know Beth took some that ripened earlier in the week and there are more to come - all sitting in a couple of trays in the kitchen.  The plants may be over and dying but I still have garden tomatoes.

Today's plans:
B:  pancakes, fresh fruit and some yogurt
The usual recipe and I will decide on the flavouring when it is time to make them.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal SR flour (my own 'tweak') and a bit of A for milk

L:  ham salad; fruit platter
I will be using some of the ham off cuts, bought yesterday, so it may not look all that pretty, but that's OK.  I have plenty of salad veg now so I'm looking forward to this as I had no salad last week.
I might use bits of the multi-coloured carrots to make a coleslaw with some red cabbage.  It should look pretty on the plate.
SW:  two syns max for some superlight coleslaw  The rest is protein, speed and free

D:  katsu curry, cauliflower rice and some side veg or maybe a bit of salad;  a sort of Eton mess type thing.
Here's the 'base' recipe for the curry.  It's quite an old one but easy to work out current values
There's an awful lot of ingredients in the sauce so I have also printed out the lifeline online recipe as well and might do a mixture of the two - I'll have a think about it.
With it, I will have the rest of the pouch of cauliflower rice and some side veg or salad.
The dessert is fruit, yogurt and some mini meringues found in Aldi - Lifeline online says ten for one and a half syns but I have done the maths and you can actually have twelve for that or eight for one syn.  I'll see how I feel come the time..
SW:  some wholemeal breadcrumbs - call it two syns for safety
Also, probably - half a syn for a bit of honey (in the curry sauce) and up to one and a half syns for the mini meringues

Body Magic:  A walk

Summary:  one healthy extra B and a bit of A, six syns


2 comments:

  1. We're having Hunters Chicken Lasagne from the new Planner tonight, it looks good (I've made a few adjustments to take into account our tastes and what we have in), can't wait to try it. Everyone raves about it on the PoN FB page. Your meals from yesterday look really tasty, I must look out for those heritage carrots. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just taste like carrots, but they're quite pretty!
      I've not come across that lasagne but I can pretty much work out what it will be, I think, and I bet it's delicious. Do you think the planners are worth getting, just for the recipes they contain? I have the new book on pre-order but I've not bought the planners.
      xx

      Delete