Thursday 22 October 2020

Thursday, 22-10-20

Good morning:
Weighday today.  I have no idea, remaining true to my resolution not to step on the scales between Thursdays for now.  I hope I have lost a bit, in spite of Tuesday's blip but I won't be back in my 'tolerance zone' for a few weeks to come.  A bit galling to have to start paying again but there you go - I made that choice, didn't I?

Yesterday's photos: 

I was very pleasantly surprised by the weetabix layer thingy.  It was really satisfying.  The main fruit was peach and nectarine slices (from the freezer, thawed) but I had a few berries to use up so I popped them on top.  
The Asian dressing I used on this smoked salmon salad was really very nice.  
half a tsp sweetener (or to taste)
a bit of chilli (to taste)
one tbsp lime juice (and zest, if you have a real lime - I used bottled)
one tsp toasted sesame oil (two syns)
half a tbsp soy sauce
I put it all in a small pot and gave it a good shake, 3 marinated the salmon in some beforehand and sprinkled what was left over the salad.  I'll do that again - it would be nice on poached salmon and other fish too.
Chilli for dinner - very nice!  Nothing special, just nice.

And no blips!


Today's meal plans:

B:  one weetabix with fruit and yogurt
Having bought a box of chocolate weetabix, I have to use it!
SW:  half a heB

L:  tomato and something soup, bread; fruit
It depends whether sweet potato or red pepper comes to hand first from the freezer!  I'll probably toast the bread for dunking.
SW:  half a heB

D:  fish, chips, mushy peas, mayo for dipping; kvarg or yogurt
I just fancied this today.  The fish is in the freezer and the chips will be actifried.  Lovely!
SW:  eight and a half syns for the fish, one syn for mayo (got to have mayo to dunk the chips in)and half for dessert

Body Magic:  after some more problems with my neck and shoulder following a swim while on holiday, I've decided to give it a bit of a break and see if it helps.  So I guess today will be a walk, weather permitting.

Summary:  one healthy extra B and tem syns.  Not brilliant on the healthy extras today

2 comments: