Tuesday 6 October 2020

Tuesday, 06-10-20

Morning

Yesterday's photos
Yes, I managed to remember to take a couple.  As expected, any worthy SW plans crashed in ruins at my feet, but who cares, I'm on holiday and it's not even a full week.
As you can see, I didn't remember the photos until I had started each course

So - yesterday started with a deli platter starter.  What a good idea, thought I, mini portions of bits and bobs.  It was a good idea, just not executed all that well, I thought, in that there was a lack of colour and garnish and you know what I'm like for 'arranging my plate' for the photo.  But I will remember the idea for when I have people round or even just when I want to posh up my dinner a little bit.


The main was a katsu curry with rice and prawn crackers.  I devoured the prawn crackers - I love them!  The curry sauce was, sadly, very strong on the leaf coriander flavour which always tastes soapy to me but apart from that it was nice, as was the chicken.  The rice was just rice and I was Very Good and left half of it!  I could make this easily at home using a bit of my healthy extra B bread (or syn some white bread) for the chicken.  There's got to be katsu curry sauce recipes/spice mixes around and you can buy bags of prawn crackers, the big problem here being that I would likely scoff the lot!  **

Dessert was the best part of the meal so it's ironic that I totally forgot to take a photo!   A creamy vanilla cheesecake with strawberry garnish and an elderflower sauce.  Mmmmmm.

And while I am 'fessing up, I had a very nice rose wine.  Two glasses.  The second one was a small glass though!  :-)


 Today's plans:

Well, obviously, no idea about dinner, breakfast will likely be some sort of 'full English' and lunch will be one of the semi-posh noodly pot things which range between one and a half and two and a half  syns so not too bad.
I have a choice of chicken ramen, satay rice noodles and vegetable laksa rice noodles.
I'm glad I have my Kindle with me - as a single, there's no-one to talk to through the meal and I'm used to reading as I eat.  Not going self catering is one of the very few disadvantages of living the single life .  :-)


**  yes, I was right, here's one to try from the wonderful Slimming Eats site - just scroll past all those ads to the menu itself.
http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/chicken-katsu-curry

Definitely going to give this a go!  Maybe next weekend.




1 comment: