Friday 30 October 2020

Friday, 30-10-20

 Good morning.

Yummy breakfast.  The gingerbread flavour came from some syrup, half a tsp ground ginger and some gingerbread mullerlight.


I changed lunch - the thought of an instant curry just didn't wing it, what with torrential rain and the dentist in the afternoon.  Instead, I had a can of baked beans with a tbsp sweet chilli sauce stirred in and it was lovely.  Half a syn instead of two syns and more protein, I am sure.


Then dinner got all messed up too because I was bad, bad, bad.  Ho hum.  Back on track today!




Today's plans are:
B:  bacon and mushroom omelette
I'm going to make this in a pan rather than in my omelette maker, just because that's what I fancy.
SW:  free

L:  chicken tikka masala; fruit
As I didn't use this yesterday, it is on today's menu.  I'll just have that without any rice.  I was going to make it from scratch but discovered a tub of the SW from Iceland tikka masala sauce so though I'd use that instead.  I've not always had good things to say about this range of ready meal stuff but I think this one is rather tasty.  I used onion, sweet potato, carrot, pepper, mushroom and chicken, so it's loaded with veg.
SW:  this should be completely free


D:  pizza, wedges and salad; yogurt or kvarg
I've been thinking about pizza bases.  When I did Do The Unthinkable, their pizza bases were made of 'pea protein' so I looked up a few things and I've made a base using 40g SR wholemeal flour (my healthy extra B) and 40g split peas, ground to a powder in my thermomix.  To that, I added a bit of salt, a bit of pepper, a pinch of mixed herbs and a quarter tsp of baking powder (which I think is probably unnecessary) and into this mixed 80g of 0% Greek yogurt.
It made a dough half way between a bready dough and a pastry dough, kneadable but not all that soft and pliable.  It rolled out easily and thinly, unlike a bread dough, and I baked it for about 20 mins at around 160-ish. It came out fairly firm, rather like one of those pizza bases you can buy but thinner.
Once the wedges are in the actifry, I will add some tomato sauce and pile on onion, mushroom, pepper and cooked chicken with some lower fat mozzarella and see how that turns out.  I think it will be OK but whether it is something I want to continue to work on - well, we will see.
SW:  one healthy extra A, maybe two, for the cheese; one healthy extra B for the flour and I think the rest of the pizza is free.  Also half a syn for the dessert
Please be aware that, while pulses are free on SW, I am pretty sure that grinding some split peas to make a pizza base would be considered a 'tweak', even though grinding some to go into a soup would be OK.  It's the purpose, not the food item that makes something a 'tweak' I guess.  If that bothered me, I would syn it.

Body Magic:  nothing organised but I will be very active at home today

Summary:  up to two healthy extra As and one B, half a syn - low in SW terms, but fairly substantial and filling all the same (I hope)


Last weekend, I wrote up the recipe for the weetabix and fruit muffins and will post it today.  The photos are lousy but the end product was lovely!



2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the weetabix muffins. With a bit of luck I will have all the ingredients in and can make a start straight away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do let me know. I hope you like them.
      xx

      Delete