Saturday 31 October 2020

Saturday, 31-10-20

 Good morning!

Bacon and mushroom omelette for breakfast yesterday.  Three bacon medallions, cut into squares and cooked, three mushrooms sliced and three eggs - two didn't look quite enough although I think it would have been.
I added salt (unnecessary), pepper, a pinch of mustard powder and a tbsp nutritional yeast flakes and that was too much too.  Half a tbsp would have been fine.

Mid morning, I had an options choccy drink for two syns.  

Very brown, I know, but this chicken tikka masala was absolutely loaded with speed and free veg and it was delicious.  Didn't miss the rice at all.


The pizza base looked an odd colour and it ended up very crunchy around the edge but it was really lovely and I enjoyed every mouthful.
I'll have another go at that half and half dough, maybe using lentils next time - see how that works out.
I went shopping in Aldi and they had some 50% fat mature cheddar which I've heard about.  You get 45g for a healthy extra A.  I thought I'd give it a go although I wondered how it would melt.  Surprisingly (for me), it melted OK on the pizza and tasted OK too.  Not the strongest in the world but fine for this context.


Today's plans:
B:  A cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms . . .
. . . all cooked the SW way!
SW:  half a syn for one Aldi skinny sausage

L:  tomato and sweet potato soup with grated cheese; melon
I opened a carton of passata yesterday to make the pizza sauce so I will use it up making some soup.
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  a roast dinner; bread and not-butter pudding
I wrap a chicken breast fillet in bacon and roast it for around half an hour until cooked through before slicing it.  It makes a good substitute for a roast chicken when it is just for one.  With it, I plan to have roasties (done in the oven as it will be on for the chicken and the dessert anyway), sprouts and either cauliflower or broccoli (or maybe both).
The dessert is something I saw on an old Tracey Mouse vlog yesterday but I had been thinking about it for quite a while anyway.  This recipe skips the butter, substitutes blueberries for dried fruit and uses yogurt instead of milk.
Here's the link - you have to fast forward to around 40 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRyG1alUZB4
SW:  one healthy extra B for bread in the dessert.  I don't syn cooked fruit or skinny syrups.  Two syns for some oil for the roasties

Body Magic:  maybe a walk, if the weather isn't too bad, otherwise something online.  I need to get back to some exercise now I'm feeling a bit better again.

Summary:  one and a half healthy extra As (the other half is for some milk) and one B, two and a half a syns




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing more tasty and healthy meal options. It makes me think of other things to cook. I am so grateful for them, We are having a binge weekend and then as of Monday we are planning on a strict calorie controlled week just to see how much difference it will make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read about your weekend on your blog. It did make me smile!! Good luck with the week.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I don't like rice so always eat my curries without. Sometimes I'll have a bit of couscous, sometimes cauliflower couscous but best of all us chips....made the SW way, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lovely, aren't they. Good old SW chips! I love them too and they are well worth the two syns I spend on a little bit of oil for extra crunch.
      xx

      Delete