Friday 23 October 2020

Friday 23-10-20

 Morning!
Five pounds off at weigh in yesterday evening.  Woo hoo!  It just confirms to me that there were other things in play last week - meds, for a start - and that's all settled now.
If I lose two and a half this coming week, I'll be back in my 'zone' again next Thursday

I'm happy with that!

Yesterday's photos:

Nom nom.
I mixed 0% Greek yogurt with some raspberry skinny syrup and tipped it into a bowl.  The chocolate weetabix was crumbled over one half and some melon and a fig popped on the other half with some pretty old raspberries in the middle.
And it was delicious!

Freezer soup for lunch.  Dave, my son, came over and ended up staying.  Luckily I had some leftover passata so I added that, some stock powder, tomato puree and seasonings and it worked fine.
There's a bit left over so I will posh up today's lunch with an extra course.

Rather a beige dinner, don't you think?  I couldn't be bothered to open a can of mushy peas!!!
So not the best balanced dinner but I enjoyed it, all the same.


Today's meal plans:

B:  smoked haddock, poached or spray fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes
I'll poach the haddock in milk but won't need to count the milk.
SW:  free

L:  tomato soup, smoked salmon pate, melba toast, salad; fruit
I used one leftover slice of the smoked salmon I had on Wednesday and blended it up with 40g lightest philly (two syns), one tbsp lighter crème fraiche (one syn), lime juice, dill and black pepper.  It's been in the fridge since yesterday so the flavours should have developed nicely.
I will make the melba toast by firstly lightly toasting two sliced wholemeal, then splitting each slice in half across the way to end up with four thinner slices.  Then I will cut each slice into triangles and pop them in the oven to dry out.
A three course lunch - how about that then!
SW:  one healthy extra B, three syns

D:  chicken, sweet potato and tomato traybake, salad; yogurt or kvarg
I found this in the new magazine and it looks very straightforward.  I think I will use a tsp oil instead of spray oil - there's no getting around it, roasting in real oil does make for a better texture and flavour, it really does.  
I will probably also add some red pepper and some mushroom to the bake for more speed veg
SW:  two syns for one tsp oil - I might use toasted sesame for the extra flavour.  Half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  A walk

Summary:  one healthy extra B and five and a half syns

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you about roasting in oil. My parsnops would have been so much nicer if I hadn't been mean with the oil the other day. Far better to have a bit extra oil and thoroughly enjoy them than wish you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's finding a balance, I think. A bit of oil is fine - our bodies need oil/fat to function.
      A shame about the parsnips but at least you know now.
      xx

      Delete
  2. WOW! Five pounds is fabulous. My husband varies by a few pounds but has remained in the same 'zone' for the past 25 years - ever since I've been with him. He has never dieted, just eats sensibly with treats when he wants them. Proof, that even in people who have never struggled with eight, it fluctuates. we'd be fooling ourselves to imagine that we could keep it absolutely stable every week. Other things certainly do come into play. You have done brilliantly and I'm sure you will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I did feel a bit down about the gain but I'm proving to myself that I can manage it, get it sorted and move on and that, for me, is major.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Well done on the 5lbs, you'll soon be back in target range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before Christmas, for sure. Just in time for it to go up again < grin >
      xx

      Delete