Thursday 15 October 2020

Thursday, 15-10-20

 Good morning.
Weigh day today.  I'm not fussed - I know I have gained a fair bit from the holiday plus I took steroids at the dentist on Tuesday and am on other meds temporarily, not to mention a couple of 'not so great' evenings this week so I don't stand a chance. 
I'm using the opportunity to move into winter weighing clothes; I may as well.  So no more flip flops until Spring and I will wear jeans today.  That's enough to account for a pound and a half on top!

I've been very well behaved and avoided my own scales so whatever the results are this evening, I'm moving back down from there and no recriminations  As a certain seaside character says

Yesterday's photos

Breakfast was overnight oats with some added kiwi to garnish.  On the pack it said 'ready to eat'  Was it heck!  It was OK but you need more juiciness for real flavour.  Never mind, I will have the other half for lunch dessert and leave the others for a while to soften.

A nice lunch, all fancied up (the dessert was, anyway)  There was a bit more soup for later so I used it to fill a wee gap between lunch and dinner.  Perfect and SW free.



Sadly, dinner again went upside down; I feel quite upset and cross with myself as it was all going so well but there you go, it's done now and I can't change that.  Line drawn.  
Very firmly drawn!!!


Today's plans:

B:  pancakes with fruit and yogurt
I should have had these on Monday but breakfast didn't happen.  I'd planned a breakfast toastie for today but I think that's too crunchy so pancakes are the answer.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the flour and one syn for a splash of milk.  It probably won't be as much as that but better safe than sorry.

L:  the last of the soup; fruit
SW:  as far as I can tell, free

D: mince with broccoli
I had thawed out the mince yesterday and I'm not wasting it.  This morning I added the broccoli plus some red pepper and mushroom and boiled it all up well so it's all cooked and ready for dinner after group this evening.  
SW:  one syn for the mince and one healthy extra A for some grated cheese over the mince

Body Magic:  Just a walk, weather permitting

Summary:  one healthy extra A, one B and two syns

It's not an excuse, but yesterday the trigger seemed to be a jar of peanut butter.  I got it because I want just a little bit for a recipe next week.  This morning I was ruefully wishing that you could get peanut butter in titchy little jars when I remembered that you can get pretty small packets of peanuts and I have the means by which I can chop/blend it all down to a butter.  In fact, I used to make my own peanut butter, full stop.
Now why didn't I think of that before?
Doh!


4 comments:

  1. Hello Joy. Not often that you seem so cross with yourself but as you say line drawn. You'll be back on it and get this week's gain off before you know it. Good idea as you will be seeing that gain to get the winter togs on too then you have that new consistent marker to move on from. Hope the dental thing gets better soon, is that all part of the work you had done earlier? Be kind to yourself, love the fruit platter, yum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's all part of the implant work which came to a full stop during lockdown, being neither necessary not painful.
      I don't usually get cross, you're right, but maybe this is a good time to tell myself enough's enough. :-)
      Thank you for your kind words.
      xx

      Delete
  2. At least you are being honest with yourself. You know what you did and what to expect. Line drawn....move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only way to be really, isn't it? Honest about things.
      Moving on feels great.
      Many thanks for the support.
      xx

      Delete