Sunday 18 October 2020

Sunday, 18-10-20

 Good morning, everyone

Yesterday's photos

I changed my mind with breakfast because I couldn't be bothered to turn it into a 'bake', I just had a sort of 'full English', SW style.  Nice, filling and, despite appearances, very SW friendly.
A nice, satisfying lunch of soup and fruit.



Today's plan was a bit low on healthy extras, so I treated myself to two of the new lemon drizzle hi fi bars as my B choice.  Really nice.

Red Leicester cheese really does look nuked, doesn't it?  Almost luminous!  This pasta bake had onion, pepper, mushroom, carrot, broccoli, tomato, chicken, past and cheese with garlic, tomato puree, Cajun spice, veg stock powder and soy sauce.
Delicious!


Today's meal plans:

B:  apple, cinnamon and toffee pancakes with yogurt
Just a sort of throw together.  I'll make up the usual pancake mixture (40g wholemeal SR flour, one egg, 80g yogurt and a splash water, if needed) with the wholemeal flour as my healthy B.  Then I will grate some apple and mix it together with two tsps demerara sugar (for that specific brown sugar flavour) at two syns and some cinnamon before mixing it with the batter.  I'll cook the usual way and top with some yogurt mixed with a bit of caramel syrup and the remaining apple slices on the side.  A bit naughty but it works with SW and it certainly works with calories.
SW:  one healthy extra B, three syns.  I'm not synning the grated apple but be aware that the official rules say you should.

L:  roast ham, roasties and shallots, sprouts, carrots, maybe runner beans; fruit
As I had expected a friend to stay over the weekend, I bought a little gammon joint so I will roast that and have my main meal midday.   If I allow a few suns, it would work nicely.
Beth is coming round to share lunch - I've made her a savoury bean crumble.
SW:  two syns for one tsp oil for the roasties/shallots and one syn for some bbq sauce for the ham

D:  chilli, cauliflower rice, grated cheese, salad or leftover veg from lunch; kvarg or yogurt
I reckon my teeth are healed up enough to risk a bit of chilli by now so fingers crossed.  
I found this article on BBC Good Food about cauliflower rice and I will try method three, but using spray oil. 
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/whats-best-way-cook-cauliflower-rice
If there's no leftovers (and I bet there will be!!) I can put a salad together.
SW:  one syn for the chilli, one healthy extra A for the cheese and half a syn for the dessert.

Body Magic:  some gardening, maybe

Summary:  One healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and seven and a half syns

4 comments:

  1. I love cauli rice, I do it by method 3, spraying with oil and stirring through some spices or herbs before roasting. Your meals today - well, all days - sound delicious and you always give me good ideas. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this - I thought that looked the very nicest way to do it and it's not hard, after all.
      Thank you for the kind words and ongoing support too. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I really need a new grater I only have a small. Large grating area on the one I have so its fiddly to make cauliflower rice. I'll take a look at the link provided thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a blender - I gather you can use that.
      xx

      Delete