Thursday 8 October 2020

Thursday, 08-10-20

 Morning.

Yesterday was another day when I very definitely didn't follow Slimming World, in fact quite the opposite.  Oh, dear, I will have gained pounds and pounds next Thursday.

Never mind, it's one holiday in a whole year and letting go, food wise, it just part of the fun really.  I will know what to do on Sunday and ongoing from then and that's what matters really in more .

I enjoyed a cooking demo yesterday - the chef made a chickpea stuffed pasta thingy with a sauce made from shallots, mushrooms, a non-dairy 'cream', herbs and cornflour.  A simple recipe really and he was talking about little tricks to 'elevate' it to cheffy standard.  As he went on I kept thinking 'I do that, I do that, yup, I do that too' which was very encouraging and kind of showed me how much I have learned about making food a satisfying experience in different ways that just having loads on my plate.

We couldn't taste it afterwards (Covid rules) but it was on the dinner menu and it was very tasty.
I've just remembered the name of the cream - it was Alpro single and I must compare the nutritional values with other cream when I get home.

Today's plans

I will definitely have the fruit platter for breakfast; it's rather nice.  I didn't miss the toast one bit.  Apart from that, I remember they had overnight oats on the menu so I might try that.

Lunch will be one of the noodle pots plus some easy peelers and a hi fi bar

No idea about dinner but it will be the deal breaker, doubtless.  
It's proving to be an alcoholic laden holiday but that will stop after Saturday evening.  I may not open another bottle until Christmas!

L:

D:



5 comments:

  1. Well, it's only a week, it's not your whole life. Just enjoy it, I'd say - you'll be back to your usual controlled eating soon enough. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I will. I've decided feeling guilty is a waste of good holiday time. lol
      Straight back on the wagon on Sunday is soon enough. Mind you, I can plan -I enjoy meal planning so I'm allowed to do that. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, thank you. I was certainly encouraged by that demo.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you have certainly inspired me for months Joy so I would say that you are a pretty accomplished cook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes enjoy the holiday and not having to cook or shop. Plenty of time to get back to normality.

    ReplyDelete