Friday 16 October 2020

Friday, 16-10-20

 Morning!
This time last year was the start of a SW crash.  I went on holiday (Center Parcs, wasn't it?), gained weight, lost the SW thread and gradually gained and gained, stopped going to some meetings and when I went back after Christmas the weight was sky high, above my Club 10 weight. 
There's a pattern here and I don't want it to happen again this year.  I know I can do it better and this year I am going to.

So - having said that, the weigh in wasn't great.  Eleven pounds on.  Ooops!
However (not excuses but maybe reasons) . . .
I was on a full board holiday for nine days, two with Dad and the rest at Thoresby Hall Hotel - with alcohol!!!
I had an minor op on Tuesday.  Post op, I had to take some steroids.  They might have had a small effect.  I'm also taking penicillin for seven days and something else for three days so - who knows?
I've used the opportunity to get real and sensible again.  I've gone into my winter weighing clothes, including proper shoes (flip flops don't wing it in the frost and snow!!) and I'm going to eat a proper lunch, not go short on weigh day food. It encouraged a binge craving afterwards and that's silly.

So I have to lose seven and a half pounds to get back into my bubble again.  I can do that OK - certainly by mid November - and by the end of November I will be back down to target.

Yesterday's photos:

I decided to add some blueberries to the pancakes and spent a syn on some Sweet Freedom caramel syrup on the top - lovely.

That's the last of the current batch of soup - well worth doing and it gave me three very frugal lunches.

Dessert was two satsumas, a few blueberries and a few raspberries.

It's a bit hard to tell and looks messy but this is savoury mince with added mushroom, pepper and broccoli with 30g grated cheese on top, popped under the grill for a short time.  And very nice it was too.

I stayed on plan all day and it felt great!



Today's plans:
I was going to have a friend over for the weekend but Sunny Essex is going up to Tier Two tomorrow so that's off now.  Luckily, I had planned SW meals and all the extra food I got can either be used in time or can go into the freezer.  Very disappointing but it's a funny old world at the moment and we must all do what we can.

B:  beans on toast
Nice and simple.
SW:  one heathy extra B for the bread, one syn for a triangle of soft cheese

L:  broccoli and 'stilton' soup; fruit
I made this before my holiday and it was very tasty.  Using a broccoli stem rather than the florets makes it pretty frugal too.  Here's the link to an accessible version but you also find it on Lifeline Online, if you have access.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LOIWlKUWvY
SW:  three syns for two triangles of laughing cow blue light.

D:  honey and mustard salmon, wedges, salad; yogurt or kvarg
Another SW recipe which looks really nice.
SW:  one syn for honey and mustard (it's not very much); two syns for one tsp oil for the wedges and up to two syns for salad dressing.  half a syn for the dessert

Body Magic:  I was going to be very busy getting things ready.  I think maybe, instead, weather permitting, I will do some work in the garden and continue sorting shed and garage out.  That's always good exercise.

Summary:  one healthy extra B and nine and a half syns although I suppose three of those syns could be considered half a healthy extra A

4 comments:

  1. Ive always found after a holiday if the pounds went on quickly it will come off reasonably quick. It's getting to grips with it sooner rather than later helps. You can do this, we all know it!!x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I said my aim was three pounds off this week and I think that's achievable. I'm sure I can get back to where I was fairly quickly - I'll do my darndest anyway. Thanks for your encouragement.
      xx

      Delete
  2. A successful SW member is one who gets back on the horse when they've fallen off. You can do it, Joy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, eh. Thanks, Eloise! :-)
      xx

      Delete