Sunday 25 October 2020

Sunday, 25-10-20

 Morning!

Yesterday's photos:

A rather messing looking breakfast but it tasted fine and filled me up.  Fine by me!

Beth was round for lunch so no photos and the evening went a bit Saturday-ish!!


Today's plans:

B:  fruity weetabix muffins
I found this recipe on KazzaSW's vlog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUglTKxadF8&t=100s
It uses weetabix instead of oats or flour and, as I've got some right now, I thought I'd give it a go.  I will adapt, of course.  I'll use choc weetabix, soften with skinny syrup, and the fruit will be from the freezer, not dried.  I might also add a bit of baking powder.
Worth giving it a try anyway.
SW:  one heB for two weetabix

L:  bean and veg soup; fruit
One of my throw it all in together soups from the freezer!  I have some baked beans left over from the lunch I made for Beth yesterday so they can go in too.
SW:  should be free

D:  cod mornay, broccoli, sprouts;  kvarg or yogurt
I found this recipe on Lifeline Online and thought I'd give it a go.  It includes spinach (SW seems to have a thing about spinach) which I really don't like, so I'll just do extra veg instead.  The sauce is made from quark, fromage frais, garlic and mustard powder although I thought mornay was supposed to be cheesy, so I might add some nutritional yeast to give it a sort of cheesy flavour - or maybe use some REAL cheese!!  Radical!
(By the way, nooch has suddenly started appearing in my planning because I found some at the back of a cupboard and don't want to waste it.  It's one syn per level tbsp.)
SW:  one healthy extra B (breadcrumbs), either a healthy extra A or one syn, depending on what I do, half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  a lot of lifting and carrying and moving things around today

Summary:  two healthy extra Bs and a smattering of syns!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had weetabix for years now. The cake thing sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what kvarg, quark, fromage frais and nooch are but it all sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kvarg is fruity quark which is a very low fat soft cheese. Fromage frais is sort of ditto. Nooch is nutritional yeast flakes which is a sort of cheesy flavour. :-)
      xx

      Delete