Monday 19 October 2020

Monday, 19-10-20

 Good morning!

Yesterday's photos:

The apple cinnamon pancakes went down a treat.  They do take ages to cook when they've got apple inside but they're really tasty - definitely worth the time.


Lunch was a roast dinner and, as Beth was round, I didn't take a photo.
I've had an unsettled, churning tum for a few days (I blame the penicillin) and by the evening all I wanted was something bland and carby so, instead of the chilli, etc, I made myself a ham sandwich (still fairly SW friendly) and that did help things to settle.  I feel fine this morning so it was the right thing to do.


Today's plans:

B:  smoothie
Not really a SW thing, I know, but when I was rootling in the freezer, I found an unopened bag of 'exotic' smoothie mix (pineapple, mango and papaya), bought goodness knows when!  I will blend some with 20g oats, some natural yogurt, some spices and, probably some milk from one healthy extra A.  If I blend it frozen, it should have a lovely texture.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for milk, half a healthy extra B for oats.  I won't syn the blended fruit but be aware that SW rules are that you should.

L:  cauliflower tagliatelle; fruit
I saw this on Miguel Barclay's YouTube channel and thought that, with adaptation, it would make a nice lunch.  Here's the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsYvt5aaWn8
I have a small carton of Alpro single'cream' (I'm hoping I can freeze the rest) and will use less oil.  I also fancy spicing up the fried cauliflower and might actually do it in the actifry rather than in a pan.  Worth a try anyway.  I have some wholemeal tagliatelle which will be perfect and I can add some shreds of ham from yesterday.
Fingers crossed.
SW:  three syns for the alpro and either spray oil or two syns for one tsp oil

D: chicken and veg curry, cauli rice; kvarg or yogurt
I had put katsu curry on the plan but find I have a cooked chicken fillet to use up from the food I got in for my weekend visitor who couldn't come so it can make an ordinary curry instead, maybe something tikka masala-ish.  I have lots of spice mixes
SW:  three syns for a tbsp coconut milk powder (if used) and half a syn for dessert

Body Magic:  lots of moving stuff from A to B today!

Summary:  half a healthy extra A and half a B, eight and a half syns



4 comments:

  1. I do love oat pancakes, they are quite simple and filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are very tasty and satisfying and so adaptable too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I think I'll have a go at Apple oat pancakes. Oh, did I say that I made your katsu chicken curry and we loved it? Thanks for the recipe. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great. I'm really glad you liked it. Enjoy those pancakes too. :-)
      xx

      Delete