Saturday 17 October 2020

Saturday, 17-10-20

 Good morning, everyone.
I've been very good and planned all meals for the next week and it's all written up in my planning folder.  Things may change, of course, but it gives me a foundational plan, a safety net for the week.  I'm very happy with that.

Yesterday's photos:

Nothing special, just good, old fashioned beans on toast for breakfast, but the toast is home made bread so that's tasty!
(I did measure it out!)
The broccoli and stilton soup was most satisfying and there was a bit left over - enough for a little snack, maybe.  I'm not freezing it as it's not enough for a proper portion so I'll need to use it today or tomorrow.
This went down nicely - honey mustard salmon with some spicy wedges and a salad.  Very filling!

It was a good day's food and I stuck to plan.  Cheers!


Today's plans:

B:  breakfast bake
This will use up the leftover baked beans from yesterday and will make for a substantial breakfast.  I have a visit to Hyde Hall booked (should have been with my friend, Suzanne, who can no longer come) and will have a slightly earlier breakfast that will keep me going until I get home later on.
So - beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, perhaps a bit of sausage and potatoes on top.  Nice.
SW:  free

L:  tomato and sweet potato soup; fruit
From the freezer so it will just need heating up.  No need to go a-picking while I'm waiting.
SW:  free

D:  chicken and bacon pasta bake, side salad or veg; kvarg or yogurt
This is an old favourite, something I used to make a lot for the children, many moons ago.  I will be careful with the pasta and measure out the cheese carefully, but I can load it up with speed and free veg and I still have tomatoes ripening inside on a tray so will use some of them.  It should taste great.
SW:  between one and two healthy extra As for some grated cheese and half a syn for the kvarg/yogurt.

Body Magic:  a really good walk around Hyde Hall, weather permitting.

Summary:  between one and two healthy extra As and half a syn.
Quite a low count for what looks like substantial meals.  Maybe I will have some bread to go with the soup for a B choice.  The past and potato will keep the calories up so I won't be short on energy.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for planning the whole week's meals, it makes you feel in control, which is a very good feeling. I've not done it the past week, been a bit preoccupied with all husband's health stuff, I need to do it today. Bet the homemade bread is lovely. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, yes. A real mixture and the flour and yeast were both old but it didn't seem to matter, there were no rising problems at all.
      If you can't manage a whole week, just do two or three days into the week, maybe. I'm finding that having an actual food diary, when I think ' Oooh, I fancy that', I go and pop it in on the next blank day and that way half of it gets done before I start. Works for me anyway.
      Good luck with the weekend and all the things you have to manage. xx

      Delete
  2. Great meals as always. Well done for sticking to plan.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does feel good to be back on track again. Encouraging.
      xx

      Delete